so my band played out first gig after 1 year practising and getting together. The 2 bands we were supposedly supporting at 9pm turned into 4 bands and turned out we were headlining. Unfortunately that meant headlining a sunday night dive at 12.20am with 10 people all whom we bribed with drink to stay.

Whats the point?
Playing. Period.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It doesn't matter if your playing for 5 people or 500,000.

You give it all every night.

my first gig was party with about 15 people.
I've never gigged myself, but even if things don't turn out you the way you wanted them to, you should still enjoy playing and performing your heart out. Because if they didn't want to stay to begin with, if you perform like hell they might really get into it and possibly spread the word about your music.

Hope your next gig goes better.

EDIT: Actually, I played at a couple parties. I wouldn't say they were real gigs, more like public jam sessions where anybody could step in and jam if they knew what they were doing. But people were into so it was cool.
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
Dude, why bribe them to stay? You lost money that way paying for the drinks it's not like if people leave you don't get pay, unless you got into an unlucky bar where the manager is a total douche......forget everything I just said.
Quote by garrett5
It doesn't matter if your playing for 5 people or 500,000.

You give it all every night.

my first gig was party with about 15 people.

the 10 people wasnt the problem it was the crap organization amongst crap organization and just total b/s that bands pull (oh we have to leave early because we are travelling far). We practised so hard then we get fked. Guaranteed when we next play it will be at 10pm with a 30 minute soundcheck.
That sounds awesome compared to my first gig. We were originally set to play first, but we ended up last. There was only one mic, no mic stand, we both were playing acoustic guitar. The stage was messy and the crowd was bored.

But I still had fun
My first gig was actually last night. if i were to guess there were probably 30 ppl there, but it was a small bar and a good time, mess-ups, amp blowouts and everything else included. lol. We played second out of four bands though, and yes headlining sucks. You should've pushed to NOT play last, cause you most certainly got dicked in that regard.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
My first gig was actually last night. if i were to guess there were probably 30 ppl there, but it was a small bar and a good time, mess-ups, amp blowouts and everything else included. lol. We played second out of four bands though, and yes headlining sucks. You should've pushed to NOT play last, cause you most certainly got dicked in that regard.

we did and they were like 'youll be on by 11' then 2 sets and 1 hour later we went on.
my first gig was to probably 12 people, 6 of which were in the other bands. That's how first gigs work.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke