Page 1 of 2
Who can't stand it when kids bring their guitars to school. Especially when they carry it around to all of their classes and then play it in front of the class. I don't care that you can play Under the Bridge without a capo, you're a little attention craving prick.
Grand Paladin of the Knights Who Say Ni

PM SGstriker for quiz to join

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.
No, you aren't.

Under the bridge without a capo isn't hard man........
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i mean, i occasionally bring my bass to class, but thats on the days where its the end of the semester, i'm not gonna be doin anything. But I sit in the back and play, usually facing the wall with my headphones on, i dont go to the front of the class. plus its a bass, its not like anybody can hear anything unless i'm plugged in.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Hey!!!!!

I had to do that once...

I had to do a project on how one of our hobbies relates to geometry and if i didnt find something i would fail the class.......

But for the people i see bringing it around every day carrying it from class to class, they are a-holez
?!
No, it gives me a chance to show them up at their own game. Knocking others down to make myself feel better FTW.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
yea, i play when im bored, and people get angry with me if i even attempt to show off my "skillz"
Oh god yes, these two guys had guitars and were singing crappy pop stuff

and UTB doesn't use a capo lol
haha, i'm the only one at my school that can play Under the Bridge at all. i'm the best guitarist by far at my school, which really is very sad, because i'm not good at all. there's two guys that do that; one is this really immature, annoying emo guy who doesn't even know any chords, he just plays power chords, and whines out his emo songs, and girls are like Z0MGZ BUTTS3CKZ and this other guy that's not bad, but i still don't really like his music. they both only do acoustic. one of my friends and i are the only people at school who play electric guitar anymore.
some kid in one of my classes did that on friday

he played green day in front of the class and then everyone wouldn't shut up about how amazing he was...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
you're supposed to play under the bridge with a capo !!!!!!!!!??????

BLASPHEMY!
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by RageAgainst...

he played green day in front of the class and then everyone wouldn't shut up about how amazing he was...

definently when ****ing kids play pop **** for the class with 3 weeks of playing under their belt, everyone goes ape-**** for em. pisses me off
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
yea theres tons of kids who bring guitars to school at my school. its very annoying....especially when they bring like...squiers.
Well Officially i have never went to school but it is annoying I have heard......
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
back when I was in high school, there were a few kids who would bring theirs to school. Of course, these were the kids who weren't good yet persisted on playing their electric guitar (no amp mind you) at the lunch tables. No one payed any mind to them though since there was only one important band that was in our school and none of them brought their instruments to school
Quote by RageAgainst...

ok this is freaky...

What class was it in?!?!?!!?!?
?!
Yes, It annoys me unless the person is actually talented.
666 BRO
Quote by grenade24
ok this is freaky...

What class was it in?!?!?!!?!?
health

you wouldn't happen to be that twat would you?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
health

you wouldn't happen to be that twat would you?

Oh nevermind, i did it in geometry on friday and did almost the exact same thing (hell i even screwed up playing american idiot, WTF, o well i get a bit of stage fright but anyway) Yeah so false alarm
?!
Quote by Kankuro
Yes, It annoys me unless the person is actually talented.
Seconded. Theres a senior in my school by the name of Adam Clapper with an Ibanez 7-String who's a step down from virtuoso and plays incredibly even though not trying to show off. Then there's this douche with a bronze series warlock who thinks hes the **** cause he can play iron man so i guess it can go both ways.
2004 PRS Santana SE w/Duncan JB(b)/Jazz(n)
(cable)
Way Huge Green Rhino Overdrive Mk. II
(cable)
Dunlop KH-95 Kirk Hammett Crybaby
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Interestingly enough, the other day, a kid brought his guitar to gym. (for what?)

He takes guitar class so I don't really caer he has it at school, but to bring it to gym??

Anyway, he takes it out and plays a pretty horrible rendition of Hotel California, and Smells Like Teen Spirit. Basically just both intro riffs. He didn't even go into either song...

One of the girls who was swooning over him asked if he played any Beatles. This was when my ears perked. He didn't...he played Hotel California, AGAIN.
I walk over and she asks him if he can play Blackbird, her favorite song. He says he can't, so I ask if I can see the guitar.

I start to play Blackbird, and you should of seen the look of pleasure on the girls face, and the look of displeasure on the guys.

It was quite a happy moment for me.

Anyway, wasn't a gloating story, jsut a story of showing up kids who try to be cool. The girl and I talk all the time these days, btw.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by mental_zer0

LOL'd. FOR. 5. STRAIGHT. MINUTES.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
My favourite part is when they think I'll be impressed by some two-chord acoustic song where they croon about their fascination with my eyes, not knowing that I've been playing guitar for years.
It only ever bugs me when the person does it for attention, or because everyone else is doing it. I have no quarrals with people playing their guitar whereever they want, if they're good or not.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Quote by Bebemanger
Who can't stand it when kids bring their guitars to school. Especially when they carry it around to all of their classes and then play it in front of the class. I don't care that you can play Under the Bridge without a capo, you're a little attention craving prick.

lol well at my school tons of people bring guitars to school
but thats because we got a rock school program going...
Only if they pick the most public spot possible and they suck. I bring my bass every day since I'm in jazz band but I leave it in the band room all day.
every guitarist at my school is like this....they just play music for attention with the exception of about 3 guys
I did once last year for a talent that we had (the whole class did it).

What's funny is how horrible I was at the time. I played 3 chords and the intro to stairway to heaven and the gayest way possible to play smoke on the water/iron man using 3 strings on the same fret. I always get a laugh at it because everyone said I was good and now when I look back at it and see how much i've improved since then.

I still suck though. This chick with dreadlocks and birkenstocks that went with other people from her college to my church the other day played her guitar and my friends started yelling, "brad can play guitar"...i was like no because i'm not a fan of showing off.

But yes, that girl ruled. Well I probably was as good as her but her personality is awesome.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by RageAgainst...

same except our school is better then that they do more metallica but everyone is like ZOMG HES ****ING AMAZING GUITAR PLAYER and im not saying metallica is bad but its not hard and its only beucase it sounds cool..........i go play black dahlia murder and like only my friends say im good beucase everyone is like what the hell is he playing and then the guy who plays simple metallica songs comes back and everyone is like OMGZ HES AWSOME seriously whats going in with society when people work hard like me dont get enough credit then some noob comes along and everyoen is amazed.........****
It's funny, in my school its either

1. Asians playing acoustic-Christian rock
2. Freshmen with electrics that never actually take it out of the case to play it

I really don't mind if you bring it in to play in the music room or something (I've done it before) by yourself or a couple others, but when you play it in the lunchroom it pisses me off. It's amusing though because all the people who are actually in bands and have a considerable amount of experience would never do that.
Grand Paladin of the Knights Who Say Ni

PM SGstriker for quiz to join

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.
Nobody brings guitars to my school other than the people in music theory, and they all leave their guitars in the band room so it hasn't ever bothered me. Actually I have a guitar that I keep a school, a crappy acoustic, but i leave it in the band room, and only play it during sectionals and stuff.
Quote by Leperaffinity01
Most of what I play is Opeth, In Flames, etc. I wonder what kind of reaction I'd get. Some idiot would probably call me emo.

lol, actually, on the occasions when I DO bring my guitar (I actually used to be a "guitar-bringer" last year... ), I get good reactions. I usually play Necrophagist stuff, one or two of their solos, and a tapping Super Mario thingy. I don't think I've ever once gotten an "emo" comment, but I think once or twice someone imitated death metal vocals poorly while I was playing.
Page 1 of 2