Is there a difference between a bass amp&an electric guitar amp? I'm thinkin' of buying my first bass guitar w/ the amp, and I was wondering if you can play an electric on the amp. Possible or not?
You can plug a guitar into a bass amp, it'll give it a pretty dark sound. But DO NOT plug a bass into a guitar amp unless you want to ruin it.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Josh Homme used to use Bass cabs and Amps when playing with Kyuss.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Quote by Travis^Co
You can plug a guitar into a bass amp, it'll give it a pretty dark sound. But DO NOT plug a bass into a guitar amp unless you want to ruin it.

Pretty much.
Bass amps amp designed to handle big sounds. If you play a bass thru a guitar amp, and it is cranked up, then the speakers will blow as they can't handle the low frequencies.

Guitars will work through the bass amp but as the speakers are not designed for the higher frequencies of guitars it will not sound as bright.
Quote by acidreign
Pretty much.
Bass amps amp designed to handle big sounds. If you play a bass thru a guitar amp, and it is cranked up, then the speakers will blow as they can't handle the low frequencies.

Guitars will work through the bass amp but as the speakers are not designed for the higher frequencies of guitars it will not sound as bright.

Oh. Alright. Thanks for the help. :]
what if you plugged your guitar through a 12 semitone pitch bender and played that on your guitar amp, whatll that do to it?
(bending down is what i mean)
I'm guessing it wouldn't have any adverse effects as the magnitude of the signal strength coming in is still the same.

It will be of a lower frequency but it won't be any louder than the normal guitar as the pitch bender will simply be modulating the same signal strength.

Could be wrong however.

edit: grammar.