i'm looking for a new amp, and i'm not too familiar with many brands except Marshall and all the popular ones.
i need one that can pretty much do everything, from clean blues to screaming death metal. it needs to be fairly loud. and preferrably some built in effects, but that's not needed, just wanted.

thanks.
Vox AD100VT. it can do ANYTHING... seriously it has every effect and tone built in it. i love mine. i believe you can get celestions in it also!
I would agree, but try to get Celestions in it.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
With a peavey classic, if you have 2 guitars (Lets say something with high output buckers, and a single coil strat.). You can get clean blues to decently hard metal. You're not gonna get pantera stuff, but you'll get sabbath and metallica stuff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by DINKY2691
Vox AD100VT. it can do ANYTHING... seriously it has every effect and tone built in it. i love mine. i believe you can get celestions in it also!

no way.. i was just on GC.com, and i actually decided on that one, AND to get Celestions in it when i have the money. weeeeird.
but thanks guys.
the Vox will NOT do 'screaming death metal' the new XL may be able to, but from what i've read, the cleans suffer.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^ well not in this price range. the mark IV seems like it can do it all. but +whatever to the vox
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
of course i'd need a pedal for metal.
by "all-around good", i just meant something that'd sound good regardless of anything else my guitar's going through. see?
Peavey classic responds well to pedals.
A good way to build a good distorted tone is to have a good clean tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator