Ok so im planning to get a new amp. I play mostly metal and trash metal. I was thinking about getting a Flextone III XL but im not sure if its that good. Do you know any other/better multieffect amps that are good for playing metal and stuff (like Valvetronix) My budget is around $600
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
$600? Just get a nice tube amp, and get effects later. Much better IMO. You can probably find nice ones used for $600. Look into some used Peavey's, Marshalls, maybe Randall.
Yea thats what most of the ppl say but i want a modelling amp better :P
You can find some amps that have effects, they wont be great, but hey they're there.

Look into the Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX. You should be able to afford it used. It has two gain channels which both rock, and a decent clean channel. You get delay, reverb, flange, phase, auto-wah, rotary, chorus, and tremlolo. Plus it's 40w tube, more than ehough power.
At least try the Flextone...I don't think you'll be let down. Try it side by side with the suggested XXX EFX at the volume you'd need to play it at. Don't fear the 'tards at GC...turn it up and hear how it will really sound.
Quote by Hamer098
Yea thats what most of the ppl say but i want a modelling amp better :P

may i ask why?
Quote by leeej
may i ask why?

Ok so my dad has a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier head running through a 4x12 cab and he has like a $3000 worth of effects and crap and i dont really like the idea of having to carry all of that around plus cables and the pedalboard. I want something that is convenient and easy to use...
WAT? Get out from my thread