I need help and I'm trying to find a good sett up for me.I have a line 6 15 watt amp and I don't need a amp with more watts cause i'm in the stage of practising only and working on my technique of playing style.So can you recommend good effects you think I need?

Tell me the kind of gear I need to add to mine:

Line 6 15 watts

Dunlop cry baby wah wah pedal

Digitech rp50

I style is a blues,metal,and a little bit classical.I like to have the tone of Dave Mustaine and Dimebag

I'm not asking for any people to flame my gear ,I'm asking for suggestions so please stick to the thread.
Last edited by Mr.Abomination at Oct 28, 2007,
You might not need a more watts, but you do need a better amp. More Pedals on that thing will just make it sound like ****.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Why is it that everyone with a ****ty line 6 amp goes out and buys ****ty digitech pedals. All digital setups aren't very nice, unless your into techno
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by ericgentz
Why is it that everyone with a ****ty line 6 amp goes out and buys ****ty digitech pedals. All digital setups aren't very nice, unless your into techno

Am I asking you to flame my gear? If you don't have any suggestions then GET THE FUCK OUT
Quote by elekguit
You might not need a more watts, but you do need a better amp. More Pedals on that thing will just make it sound like ****.

I'm asking for suggestion ,I hope you know what that means.
Heres one, get a new f*cking amp. I hope you know what THAT means. Oh and don't double post...

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Heres one, get a new f*cking amp. I hope you know what THAT means. Oh and don't double post...

stfu and GTFO my thread thanks
Ooh, that'll get me to leave. At least have the dignity to show some kind of smarts. You wanted a suggestion and I gave you an honest one. That amp is truly not good. The pedals would just waste your money. Do you think people say this just to piss members off? No, we say it because we've tried the amps and we know what they are like. Line 6 & MG's are truly the worst value for your money? Now do you want to agree, defend your amp, or just accept defeat and tell me to GTFO again?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Ooh, that'll get me to leave. At least have the dignity to show some kind of smarts. You wanted a suggestion and I gave you an honest one. That amp is truly not good. The pedals would just waste your money. Do you think people say this just to piss members off? No, we say it because we've tried the amps and we know what they are like. Line 6 & MG's are truly the worst value for your money? Now do you want to agree, defend your amp, or just accept defeat and tell me to GTFO again?

Can you just bugger off like serious.Just lurk on another thread cause your annoying me.
What sort of effects do you need? Also, if you are just in a practicing stage, I think your Spider should be just fine. If you really want to improve your skill, it shouldn't matter what sort of gear you're on. It should matter how much you desire to improve and how much work you put in.
lol you ask for suggestions, they tell you, and you flame. cmon. Line 6 isn't that great... jsut don't go ape sh*t on people for it.
Schecter guitar perhaps, Great metal and blues sounds. IMO. depending on the model of course.

Go for something versetile though, like a c1 classic or something
C1+ maybe?

I have a C1+ that I use for everything non metal, and syn custom that I use for all my metal needs. It sounds great clean.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Links 2 3 4
lol you ask for suggestions, they tell you, and you flame. cmon. Line 6 isn't that great... jsut don't go ape sh*t on people for it.

Get out if your not going to suggess anything.
Quote by Mr.Abomination
Get out if your not going to suggess anything.

._. I can see you getting banned quick.

I'd say get a new amp. I'd say the peavey classic, like I got reccomended. I played it, and TRUST ME, SINCE I OWN A SPIDER TOO, IT's BETTER.
^A Peavey might be good.

Why should he? He has the right to go in a public thread. You asked for suggestions and I gave you one. You started flaming me like a greedy child! Nobody wants people like you on these boards! I would suggest you be the one to get out. If your too immature to accept advice from people who have played for years, then you don't belong here asking our advice in the first place. If you don't own a guitar, what makes you think you know so much? You don't, so we attempt to help you and your too stubborn to accept it. Your telling us not to flame your gear, yet you flame us? You disgust me... You didn't even give people details in this thread even if we were to help you. You should have put a price range, what kind of gear/pedals your looking for and such...

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Links 2 3 4
._. I can see you getting banned quick.

I'd say get a new amp. I'd say the peavey classic, like I got reccomended. I played it, and TRUST ME, SINCE I OWN A SPIDER TOO, IT's BETTER.

Thank you for recceming finally thats all I ask,and me banned it is you that is posting useless comments....so I think i see some getting it soon..
It's not your internet, it's not your thread.
Seriously, pedals aren't gonna make a Line 6 or any digital modeling amp sound any better. Modeling amps just don't sound good with any kind of pedals, especially other digital ones like Digitech.
My true suggestion is to save your money for a new amp. Other than that, you should be fine with what you have. If you're only working to improve your technique, a pedal shouldn't be that necessary.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by elekguit
^A Peavey might be good.

Why should he? He has the right to go in a public thread. You asked for suggestions and I gave you one. You started flaming me like a greedy child! Nobody wants people like you on these boards! I would suggest you be the one to get out. If your too immature to accept advice from people who have played for years, then you don't belong here asking our advice in the first place. If you don't own a guitar, what makes you think you know so much? You don't, so we attempt to help you and your too stubborn to accept it. Your telling us not to flame your gear, yet you flame us? You disgust me... You didn't even give people details in this thread even if we were to help you. You should have put a price range, what kind of gear/pedals your looking for and such...

Dude man to man,Just stop coming in my thread ,and please stop (i'm asking nicely)Please stop.
Quote by Red989
It's not your internet, it's not your thread.
Seriously, pedals aren't gonna make a Line 6 or any digital modeling amp sound any better. Modeling amps just don't sound good with any kind of pedals, especially other digital ones like Digitech.
My true suggestion is to save your money for a new amp. Other than that, you should be fine with what you have. If you're only working to improve your technique, a pedal shouldn't be that necessary.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.
Nah. Look you just avoid all the facts to sound smart. Most people in this thread are just telling you to get a new amp, you gonna flame them too? We suggested a Peavey Amp, although that might be out of a price range. You can find some nice & cheap guitars. Everyone knows the amp is more important.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Mr.Abomination
Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

But since your a beginner, it really won't matter what amp or guitar you have. After you progress more and go to guitar shops and play some good amps (tube or high quality solid state) you'll see what we're talking about.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by elekguit
Nah. Look you just avoid all the facts to sound smart. Most people in this thread are just telling you to get a new amp, you gonna flame them too? We suggested a Peavey Amp, although that might be out of a price range. You can find some nice & cheap guitars. Everyone knows the amp is more important.

I wasn't flaming anyone at that.I was just telling this that I was looking for suggestion but all they gave my was line 6 and etc so I just told them if you not going to suggest anything get out.Finally I get a suggestion from you thank you.No need to reply anymore.
Quote by Red989
But since your a beginner, it really won't matter what amp or guitar you have. After you progress more and go to guitar shops and play some good amps (tube or high quality solid state) you'll see what we're talking about.

I think I'm not a beginner anymore I'm pretty good now cause I know all my theory and etc but I think I'll look up a new amp thanks.
Quote by Mr.Abomination
I think I'm not a beginner anymore I'm pretty good now cause I know all my theory and etc but I think I'll look up a new amp thanks.

Guitar
Coming soon..

What's your current guitar, and what songs can you play?

tell us the notes in a E Major scale... I just don't belive you at this moment :/
Quote by Links 2 3 4
Guitar
Coming soon..

What's your current guitar, and what songs can you play?

tell us the notes in a E Major scale... I just don't belive you at this moment :/

I don't to tell you anything.What I can tell you is can you please leave this thread.
Quote by Mr.Abomination
I don't to tell you anything.What I can tell you is can you please leave this thread.

See, this is the problem, we help you, critize, which helps, and you be ignorant. I assume you just started guitar, and your dad bought you a cheap amp from ebay, and you think it's the best, since it's the only thing you have. I'm not trying to be a prick... but now it's just annoying.
Quote by Links 2 3 4
See, this is the problem, we help you, critize, which helps, and you be ignorant. I assume you just started guitar, and your dad bought you a cheap amp from ebay, and you think it's the best, since it's the only thing you have. I'm not trying to be a prick... but now it's just annoying.

Yeah cheese cake is good yeah,I agree
Quote by Mr.Abomination
Yeah cheese cake is good yeah,I agree

You've still failed to answer my questions :/
^There you go, being a jerk again. Look if you tell people to leave, they wont. You can't just say that to the other members. He's allowed not to believe you. As said before its not YOUR internet or thread. Its on a public site, therefore open to... the public. You can't 'tell' him to leave this thread. Before you ask for more suggestions about gear, here is one about this site... show some respect to others and accept their opinions. You can't tell ANY member to leave. You have much to learn.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
By beginner, he means your ears are probably not really able to pick up some of the subtle differences between different guitars/amps, but eventually you will, and I think that it would probably be that case, since it says guitar coming soon :/
But anyway, I wouldn't get any gear pedals, its much more effective to get a new amp than buy a bunch of pedals and effects to try and cover up that spider III tone. If you don't have a guitar, certainly buy that before a new amp of course, but make a new amp second on your list. If your into metal, I suggest getting a Randall amp, they are a pretty good value imo.
Quote by elekguit
^There you go, being a jerk again. Look if you tell people to leave, they wont. You can't just say that to the other members. He's allowed not to believe you. As said before its not YOUR internet or thread. Its on a public site, therefore open to... the public. You can't 'tell' him to leave this thread. Before you ask for more suggestions about gear, here is one about this site... show some respect to others and accept their opinions. You can't tell ANY member to leave. You have much to learn.
W.e dude just look at what this guy is saying and tell me who is being a jerk?I'm not flamming anyone and I'm insulting anyone.You know what just w.e call me a jerk ,it is your mouth and hell I'm not your mom so I can't tell you who is right or wrong so go ahead and take judgement.
Quote by KillahSquirrel
By beginner, he means your ears are probably not really able to pick up some of the subtle differences between different guitars/amps, but eventually you will, and I think that it would probably be that case, since it says guitar coming soon :/
But anyway, I wouldn't get any gear pedals, its much more effective to get a new amp than buy a bunch of pedals and effects to try and cover up that spider III tone. If you don't have a guitar, certainly buy that before a new amp of course, but make a new amp second on your list. If your into metal, I suggest getting a Randall amp, they are a pretty good value imo.
Thank you ,I will put that my the list.Thanks again.