Alright. I've been playing for two years, and still have the same guitar that I began with. I don't like it at all, really. It doesn't have the sound I'm looking for. I'm looking for a good distortion guitar that can be used mainly for rock. The guitar I have now is a Washburn X-10.

What I'm looking at right now is http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=512230 <--- that.

A little background info is that I use a http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-GTD120-Guitar-Amplifier-?sku=480065 amplifier. I use a http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP250-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156607 effect pedal.

I play rock and roll mainly. Classic Rock, if you will. You know, like Led Zeppelin and friends.

Now, I am really, really interested in this Jackson guitar. It has a thin neck, just how I like it. Now, I don't know what to look for when it comes to tone. I still haven't figured it out quite. But I liked how it sounded, though. The only thing I'm not too hot about is the shape. I mean, it looks fantastic, but it's a killer to sit down with.

Any input?

Thanks.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Everyone who owns one gets used to the shape, in fact some people say they feel weird playing any other guitar sitting down.
Warwick Corvette Double Buck 5 String
Ibanez GSR190
Ibanez RG3EX1
Cort Earth-70
1962 Danelectro Silvertone 1448
Ampeg BA-115
Line 6 Spider II 210
Vox DA5
Autographed Dunlop Wylde Wah
M-Audio Keystation 49e
The main reason to get a Rhoads is the shape. There are plenty of other guitars with thin necks and great tone. When you buy the Rhoads, you're money is going towards the shape and the Floyd Rose.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
The main reason to get a Rhoads is the shape. There are plenty of other guitars with thin necks and great tone. When you buy the Rhoads, you're money is going towards the shape and the Floyd Rose.

what about the fact that its a "Randy Rhoads" the name adds a lot too
AS far as tone goes, It's a fairly punchy guitar, pretty much anything metal on it will sound good, and it's pretty good for other genres too. I'd say go for it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Eh, I don't know about that one. But the Floyd Rose was superb. I never played a guitar with one before then, and now I understand why they're sweet.

And, the name has nothing to do with it. Granted, he was an amazing guitarist, it doesn't mean the name is going to make me shred like him.

I like it for its shape and sound. I want to play classic Rock with it, I think it'll be a good guitar for it.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Last edited by ZedLeppy at Oct 28, 2007,
Good.

Any other input would be freakin' sweet.

Quote by pencap
I had one and liked sitting with it. Very comfy. The build quality will knock your socks off too (Mine was actually an RR5, but these are equal in quality imo).
Quote by CJRocker
I had one and liked sitting with it. Very comfy. The build quality will knock your socks off too (Mine was actually an RR5, but these are equal in quality imo).

The RR5 is a lot nicer than an RR3.
Quote by DieKrupps
what about the fact that its a "Randy Rhoads" the name adds a lot too

Not so much anymore.
get the rr5 , the sustain is to die for . rr3 isnt that bad , just that it isnt neck thru
Quote by mrcandycane
Everyone who owns one gets used to the shape, in fact some people say they feel weird playing any other guitar sitting down.

that's EXACTLY how i felt today when i picked up my Ibanez again and played it sitting down....it felt so unnatural and out of place on my lap that i had a hard time adjusting, and just decided to stand up.

i have the Alexi Laiho sig....but it's still the exact same shape
You can play a V sitting down pretty well.. just put your right leg between the wings.
My friends has the RR3 and its a great guitar. The Floyd stayed in tune throughout the day and we abused it quite a bit. It feels like it was built solidly and for the price i cant imagine a much better guitar.

If you want it, get it, very worth the price.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by jthm_guitarist

That's actually the main reason why Rhoads designed it that way.
Quote by FRDesign
The RR5 is a lot nicer than an RR3.

Eh, I think the looks give it that illusion of beign some exclusive, high end guitar. That and it being neckthru. But I wouldn't say the actual quality is nicer.