I have to write a 7 page paper tomorrow on a topic that involves gender, any ideas?
for example sexism or something like that
Hail mysogyny!!!

So basically, you didnt bang a girl, because she was shocked how small it was.
Lolz @ j00 and your tiny p3n1s.

I *heart* Metal ----Violent J----
gender socialization would make a good paper. how boys and girls are trained to fit the stereotype of being masculine or feminine ever since theyre born.
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Quote by popapez
gender socialization would make a good paper. how boys and girls are trained to fit the stereotype of being masculine or feminine ever since theyre born.

Thats a good idea, are you one of those people who would let their son play with a Barbie doll?
Write about how much more awesome it is being a guy than being a girl.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by zombie_monster
how women can't drive

wow that really cracked me up for some reason
Quote by zombie_monster
how women can't drive

haha I asked my teacher if i could do that and she got really upset
Write a paper discussing the hidden philosophical reasons for the symbols. BS always gets you an A.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by masterk1818
Thats a good idea, are you one of those people who would let their son play with a Barbie doll?

why not? i wouldnt stop them from doing anything like that

i could go on forever about gender socialization..... how men are socialized to be very independent and aggressive and women are socialized to be more submissive and dependent on other people. what is socially acceptable for men and what is acceptable for women are completely different.
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Write about the effects of paranoia about female sexuality within a patriarchal society on the prevailing attitudes towards heterosexual and homosexual male sexuality.

ed: what's your teacher like?
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by popapez
why not? i wouldnt stop them from doing anything like that

i could go on forever about gender socialization..... how men are socialized to be very independent and aggressive and women are socialized to be more submissive and dependent on other people. what is socially acceptable for men and what is acceptable for women are completely different.

I see what your saying now, I thought at first you were saying why boys are raised with short hair and not wearing dresses, vs. girls who dont shave there legs and stuff

(I do like me a woman with some hairy legs tho!)
Quote by masterk1818
I see what your saying now, I thought at first you were saying why boys are raised with short hair and not wearing dresses, vs. girls who dont shave there legs and stuff

(I do like me a woman with some hairy legs tho!)

nah, im talking about how its perfectly acceptable for a girl to jump up and down and scream with joy when shes happy, but if a man ever did that in public..... :\ lol

and the only reason for that difference is that men are raised to believe that they should not show their emotions in that way.
Quote by mr. cool
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by search49
Quote by popapez
nah, im talking about how its perfectly acceptable for a girl to jump up and down and scream with joy when shes happy, but if a man ever did that in public..... :\ lol

and the only reason for that difference is that men are raised to believe that they should not show their emotions in that way.

That is such a good topic, but i don't know if i could write 7 pages on it, since im not a girl its hard for me to compare what they consider ok with what men consider unmanly,
Altho thinking about it some more i bet there is some kind of physical aspect that causes men to want to be dominant
Quote by masterk1818
That is such a good topic, but i don't know if i could write 7 pages on it, since im not a girl its hard for me to compare what they consider ok with what men consider unmanly,
Altho thinking about it some more i bet there is some kind of physical aspect that causes men to want to be dominant

well they do hormonally have more testosterone, women have more estrogen, which causes a bit of the difference. but there is no genetic reason why girls should want to shave their armpits or to play with barbie dolls or not ride motorcycles. its all a social thing that is shaping who they are and what they can and cannot do in our culture.

of course there are some men and women who defy these social expectations. but the majority follow them.

and i think you could definitely write a 7 page paper on it. its the whole nature versus nurture debate- whether these differences are genetic or learned through society. there isnt a single culture in the world where women are the dominant sex. society expects different behaviors from men and women, and that is a large reason why they are nudged in that accepted direction.

youre aware of how hard it is for gay people to come out- because it is not socially acceptable for men to be feminine or women to be masculine (im not saying all gay people act like the opposite sex, im making that generalization, and i know it doesnt apply to all homosexuals).

the media only reinforces the gender roles that people are supposed to fit into. its impossible to ignore them.

talk about how "gender" means nothing, "masculine" and "feminine" mean nothing until you attach a meaning with it. talk about the difference between sex and gender. a persons "sex" is biological. a persons "gender" is just a culture's own definition of what it means to be a boy or a girl. would men show their emotions more if there was no meaning attached to being "masculine"? would women be more aggressive if they werent "supposed" to be dainty?

you could write a ton man
Quote by mr. cool
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by search49
I'm sure if he has the same amount of passion you have about the topic popapez, then he could probably write a book about it.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
^ yeah definitely
Quote by mr. cool
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by search49
The John/Joan case would be a great thing to mention if that's your topic. (Surely, popapez has convinced you to make gender socialization your topic by now.) If you mention it, also bring up the biological influences it demonstrated (e.g. aggression and boisterousness), but traits that didn't show up in the subject, how they were influenced by both society and hormones, and all that jazz.