I've been on the lookout for a new 2nd guitar(well, like 4th or 5th now..) but anyway...I want it mostly for cleans, and somthing with a nice "chang" to it. something inexpensive, and different(not a lp or strat, i can't afford the tele I want, and i'm not an ibanez guy..)
So I came upon a couple of these at a new music store that recently opened down the street.

Danelectro 56 pro
I played it, and I liked it. Plays nice, sounds cool, and it's pretty comfortable. It's about $250 canadian. The price kinda threw me off a little, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Can't be that bad if Page played 1 way back when...And it looks pretty classy too! I'm liking the white, or seafoam blue one.
Anyone here played one? or had any bad experiences with 1?
the headstock looks horrible..lol. I can get over that tho...kinda pulls off the whole retro 60's vibe.
Quote by appetite4gnr
the headstock looks horrible..lol. I can get over that tho...kinda pulls off the whole retro 60's vibe.

yea their pedals and everything reminds me of the 50's... ew... i hate what everything looked like then.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by CJRocker
Fun guitars. I recently made a post on them, so search my recent posts.

yeah, i just found the thread. thanks. I think i'm gonna get it! lol.

they're new-ish re-issues. the Dano DC is still in production, but the 1 in the pic above apparently isn't...
soo...I went to pick it up today and the price is suddenly shot up to $599? lol wtf? must have been a grand opening sale before or something...anyway, i didn't get it after. I'll probly ebay it.
Quote by appetite4gnr
soo...I went to pick it up today and the price is suddenly shot up to $599? lol wtf? must have been a grand opening sale before or something...anyway, i didn't get it after. I'll probly ebay it.

Good god, $599 is more then probably list price. Theres no way they go for more then $300.
Holy crap, they're like only €215 down here! I wish my local shop carried these babies.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)

Go for this one.

If it's retro-ugly you want, this is your guitar!
You've read it, you can't un-read it!