My MAX price range is about $550. I have been pondering a new guitar for just a little bit. The reason is, I'm playing with a rogue strat knock off right now and I think that it is about time for me to upgrade.

I'm not in any kind of band and I'm probably not going to be, I'm just looking for a nice upgrade.

A few guitars that have caught my eye so far are.

The Schecter Gryphon limited Ed.
The Schecter C-1 classic(and this is the ONLY exception to my price range)
The Ibanez ARX320 artist.
And the Epiphone Les Paul classic QT.

Those are just some of the guitars that I have seen and liked. And the reason I picked the schecter C-1 is, I have ALWAYS loved the look of that thing ever since I saw it in a magazine once.

So, please tell me what you think about the guitars I have picked out and any that you think I should take a look at.

Thanks
Ben
Last edited by B_MONEY$$$ at Oct 29, 2007,
definitely get the C1.. i cannot advise you to get any of the other guitars you mentioned really.. especialy the.. earphone (epiphone?) les paul
Schecter C-1

end of discussion.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Oops, sorry about the Earphone(stupid spell check thing).

Umm, I don't really play just one style. I kinda just play what ever I feel like playing, I don't know how to categorize that.
What about this Schecter? It'll fit the price...and it has had good reviews on Harmony Central. I like the clean and formal (it may be a bit too conservative) looks. It looks like the greatest value for a guitar you can find...Gotoh tuners, Duncans (JB/59), 5 way switch, set neck+mahogany carved top body.

Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Oct 29, 2007,
dude the schecter hands down.. i have three.... a schecter classic c-1, schecter tempest custom, and a schecter c-1 E/A.. they are all great best things you can buy and they aren't overly pricey!

dude its a situation where it's 'nuff said!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
just curious, what does a 5way do on a 2 humbucker guitar? does it split the coils in positions 2 and 4???
okay it does this:
1- bridge pup
2- top coil of bridge pup
3- split of both top of bridge bottom of neck
4- bottom coil of neck
5-neck

and for those who oppose this... believe me i have three schecters and have played a ton more..... thats what they do!
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
So far it looks like it's the C-1 class for me. I kinda didn't want to spend that much on a new guitar though, What do you guys think of the Schecter C-1 plus(not the classisc)?
i like it just as much my friend owns one.....(not for long)...and i love it... the set neck is great i prefer a hardtail guitar as opposed to a trem but hey everyone likes different things!

but get the c-1+ its great go with the orangish color.. the finish name escapes me right now but you will know what i mean when you see it... its not a burst its a trans finish....damn what id the name of it..... wow this is embarising that i have to go look it up.... hold on...
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
actually im sorry its a c-1 elite.. not much in price difference and its called amber! dude check it out i love those they are neckthru's and they play like a dream!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
I'll let this sit around for a few days and see what other people haveto say before I do anything, I think I might just end up with the C-1 classic though.

Any suggestions for a case if I do end up getting it?
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
buy a diamond case they are the best and they protect my schecter! but the coffin cases look sic when you pull a beast like a schecter out.
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Coffin cases look crap and like your trying too hard.

Regular Tweed rectangle cases are where its at.
hakanku i never thought about the tweed case... that would look beast as well... i love those for my strat... they are really classy! good suggestion.... b_money..ignore my suggestion!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Are there any cases like that but have some kind of flashy interior, like a bright red or orange?
yeah those tweed cases have a nice purple in them mmost of the time and they sometimes have the orange in it!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
I'd suggest either getting a C-1 Elite or Plus instead of the Classic and just upgrading the pickups later .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I think I'm going to get the gryphon, I haven't heard anything bad about it from anywhere and I really like that it's only $400.