I bought an Orange Tiny Terror head, but I need a cabinet. I was about to buy a 1x12 cab from avatarspeakers.com, but I glanced at ebay first and noticed a 'like new' epiphone VJ cab for 80 bucks. It is 16 ohms and 70 watts. It would work perfectly, and the person who is selling it said he used it for his tiny terror and it worked great.
The reason I'm making this thread is because of the speaker. "Eminence Lady Luck". Never heard of it... Even though the guy said he used it with a Tiny Terror and it was pure sex, I'm very hesitant. The cab looks very nice, but it's SO cheap. Even brand new, it's only $130. So this leads me to believe the speaker is shit. Does anyone have any experience with the Eminence Lady Luck. Would it be the best choice for me? If it matters, I'll be playing classic rock, hard rock, blues. Think of SRV, Cream, Zeppelin, Ozzy, Floyd, Velvet Revolver, The Who, etc.

By the way, please don't post "What's your budget?" I have a job and no kids to pay for. My budget is limitless, but I don't WANT to spend a billion dollars for a cab. So lets just say my "budget" is 230. But I WANT to spend $1. So there ya go. In other words, the cheaper the better.

EDIT:
In case there is confusion, use common sense
Last edited by srv2112 at Oct 29, 2007,
you might as well have just got a ****ty headphone amp for 20 dollars if thats your logic.
Well I want it to be good, obviously. I guess what I meant was "What's the cheapest GOOD SOUNDING FOR MY STYLE cabinet." I just figured that was kind of obvious...
well, if youre going to cheap out on the cab, you wont be getting what you paid for with the amp. you can spend 200 dollars on a budget cab, and not get the full capabilites of something you paid 500 dollars for, or you can spend 4 or 5 bills and get every penny of what you paid for. make the choice.
Quote by TehJermie
or you can spend 4 or 5 bills and get every penny of what you paid for. make the choice.

hahaha. you sounded like the guy from Saw.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
the lady luck was made specially for the vj head and the cab...i have the half stack and have used this cab with a couple different amps.... its amazing... id go for it... saves money and sounds good. also looks amazingly good
If you want a good quality cab at a reasonable price I'd check out Avatar, avatarspeakers.com

I'm very pleased with my 1x12 from them, others here seem to be pleased with them as well. Just a suggestion
Quote by TonyRandall
the lady luck was made specially for the vj head and the cab...i have the half stack and have used this cab with a couple different amps.... its amazing... id go for it... saves money and sounds good. also looks amazingly good

That's what I heard from the guy on ebay. He said it sounds awesome.
Thanks for the post

And also to TehJermie, I wouldn't want to get a crappy cab. That's not my goal. I want to get the best possible cab for cheap. I realize that a bad cab will make the orange sound bad. That's why I'm just trying to save 100 bucks and get the same quality cab I would otherwise. If I heard from everyone that the Lady Luck sucked and wasn't very good, then I wouldn't get it.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
If you want a good quality cab at a reasonable price I'd check out Avatar, avatarspeakers.com

I'm very pleased with my 1x12 from them, others here seem to be pleased with them as well. Just a suggestion

I think something like an Avatar with a Greenback for $200 is worth the money over the Lady Luck in the Epi cab. In my experience, you get what you pay for. I have the Epi head. I bought it knowing I had a quality cab in the house. While he VJ cab may look cool, I'm not interested in it. Get an Avatar with a black grill and orange tolex!

Or be patient, and keep watching eBay for a genuine Orange cab. That would be best.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.