My MAX price range is about $550. I have been pondering a new guitar for just a little bit. The reason is, I'm playing with a rogue strat knock off right now and I think that it is about time for me to upgrade.

I'm not in any kind of band and I'm probably not going to be, I'm just looking for a nice upgrade.

A few guitars that have caught my eye so far are.

The Schecter Gryphon limited Ed.
The Schecter C-1 plus.
The Ibanez ARX320 artist.
And the Epiphone Les Paul classic QT.

Those are just some of the guitars that I have seen and liked. And the reason I picked the schecter C-1 is, I have ALWAYS loved the look of that thing ever since I saw it in a magazine once.

So, please tell me what you think about the guitars I have picked out and any that you think I should take a look at.

Thanks
Ben
Last edited by B_MONEY$$$ at Oct 29, 2007,
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
its a solid guitar. decent price range, good sound, and has the floating trem thats decent.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Quote by Doppelgänger
its a way to bend the strings. good for solos and the such.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Quote by Doppelgänger
_Go the les paul

i wouldnt suggest a tremelo/whammy bar yet until your ace with the lp
see, i dont see it that way henza x. i honestly dont care for LP's just because they are a heavier guitar. the S series is light, has a fast neck and if you get the action set up right, play like a dream.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Quote by Doppelgänger
oh god. that is one nice guitar!

But thats why i suggest LP's
They're heavier, you have to get used to it.. theres no tremelo, so you won't be tempted to be a douche and go look what i can do, whammy harmonics..
andd its a bitch to tune if your not used to it.

You get used to heavy guitars and thick necks.. and then when it comes time to play on you're ibanez, your set

In my head, its a good idea, like learning manual before auto but thats in my head

what guitar do you have atm bmoney?
dude the schecter is the way to go...as i said in the other thread i own three and they aren't heavy at all.. not as light as a SA but hey they don't feel like toys then
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
^^ no to schecters,

as you can tell his schecterfan is ridiculously bias towards schecters not only cz he has them but because a7x is his idol so im assuming synster gates is his god and as such, unless you wanna look like him, don't get a schecter

not yet anyway
While I understand your argument henza, I don't really think it is a realistic aproach to it. Why not go for the better guitar right now instead of buying a "starter" and upgradin from there? I'm not going to be giging with any guitar that I will end up buying, it's just a hobby to me.
fair enough

then go with the ibanez i reckon

It'll take some getting used to to set it up and tune it but it really is nice

and forthe record, the LP is not a starter, its a more classic style!