Anyone know much about them? Quality? Sound?

Coz i saw in a magazine today of one for sale in my area. a Hammerhead50 with the hammerhead cab for $800

JUst wanted to know what everyone thinks about them. if its positive i'll go try it out.
plus anyone know what speakers are in the cab?

thanks alot, FeLiX
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
No idea waht speakers sorry. From what i've heard they aint that great.. but I've never actually played one so i wouldn't be sure.

If you want any amp help though just state budget (im guessing $800) and style of music...
Oh well, I have about $1100 all up...

dunno what that will get me *shrugs*

I play pretty much only metal, so a high gainer is a must, or something that will be well boosted by an OD. And good cleans arnt really necessary
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Peavey VK or Windsor although i've never actually seen a Windsor in australia yet. But the Peavey Valveking combo is pretty good for metal. Some say its a bit sterile but they're comparing it to mesa's engl's and higher end peavey's and for the price its pretty good. You dont particularly need a halfstack. http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=7484 theres a shop that sells them in aus. You can also try ebay if you're willing to go used. Some good stuff that comes up on ebay every so often for metal are;

Peavey 5150
Engl Screamer combo
Marshall DSL
Marshall JCM 900's
hammerhead series is nothing special. It's basically an epiphone so cal 50. The cabinet has Eminence Lady Luck speakers.

For 800 new, takes it. For 800 2nd hand, not worth it.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
A Windosr halfstack can be had for about $1300. What state do you live in?

If you like that randall combo, it can be had for a lot better prices. I find venue music to be a rip off.
Quote by kyrreca
Really? Where have better prices? I don't buy from there anymore since i buy more expensive stuff but i though it was good for mid pricey stuff. Its more expensive stuff is a rip though.. they dont like to haggle
Thats exactly it, they don't like to haggle.

Go to stores, try out everything, decide what you want, then go on ebay & google.

For example, my friend wanted a Cort EVL-Z6. Venue music is saying $1300. Guitar.com.au is asking $1,015. He got it at a local store for $950.

For randall amps, I'd recommend drum power.
Quote by kyrreca