simply put?

No.
Les Paul Black Beauty Custom 3 Pickup
Bigsby B7g vibrato
3 EMG's 85/81/85

Martin D-28
No, they aren't. Wrong forum too.
*reported*
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
just for informing causes.

you guys are ****ing dumb.

ever heard of Line 6 Flextone or Vettas?
goddamn noobs assuming it's spider.

i mean...it probably is, but those are high end amps right there.
line 6 not good? maybe for the idiots that have only used spider amps and listen to everyone on this forum for all of their gear advice instead of actual experience.

thats like saying marshall sucks cause they have the mg series. ignorant.

IMO line 6 is great, but like any company it depends on the product and how you want to use it. What specifically are you wondering about line 6? they do digital amps, tube amps, effects processors, pedals, digital guitars, and a whole whack of other things.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Line 6 is an awesome brand. They have great tube amps, and their digital amps are really good practice amps. I'm thinking of getting of getting a small spider (and for all the kids with a valvetronix about to flame me, don't talk to me about tone. I have a fucking Orange tube amp for christ sake). I think the spider's pre-sets are great, and when I'm just warming up backstage or something I don't care about tube tone. It's a great practice amp, but it's not gig-worthy. You just have to know what you'll be using it for.
Quote by srv2112
Line 6 is an awesome brand. They have great tube amps, and their digital amps are really good practice amps. I'm thinking of getting of getting a small spider (and for all the kids with a valvetronix about to flame me, don't talk to me about tone. I have a fucking Orange tube amp for christ sake). I think the spider's pre-sets are great, and when I'm just warming up backstage or something I don't care about tube tone. It's a great practice amp, but it's not gig-worthy. You just have to know what you'll be using it for.

Wow, the first logical arguement towards using a spider. Kudos to you sir.
Id be willing to bet that the vast majority of lin6 bashers have had very little time alone with any line6 products. I have spent a long long time with alot of their products and so far iv not failed to get close to the sounds I want and in some cases have found tones that exceed what i was originally aiming for.

We all hate spiders around here, but well what do you expect for such little money? Line6 makes some really really nice products that cover a very very wide range of tones such as the upmarket vettas and hd147 right down to the pods.

I personally prefer to see line6 as a jack of all trades, competent in all but master of none. Most people who go for the good line6 products are doing so as they cannot practically own the multitude of amps they would need to cover all the styles they play.

I mean if you only play Metal then you would go and get an Engl or a 5150 or something equally as gainy. But what if you wanted to play an eclectic mix of genres? one amp is not likely to cover all the sounds you want. Yes I know there are tube amps that will go anywhere in the tonal range but we are talking the most expensive ones of the bunch which if people could afford line6 and modeling in general would never have existed.

I also believe that alot of the stigma surrounding the pod is due to bad amplification. The Pod requires a tonally flat color free amp to sound how it should, now I only know of one product that provides that totally color free amp and thats the Atomic Reactor. Sadly these are a bit on the rare side but god do they sound good.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by the_random_hero
No, they aren't. Wrong forum too.
*reported*

Quote by brock.roberts
simply put?

No.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but this time you're wrong

Line 6 make some top notch stuff, the pods, delays and majority of the amps are awesome. But don't listen to me, it's people like you that give everyone the wrong impression, allowing me to get bargain second hand gear
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Metallica's used the Variax guitars for acoustic sounds, The Edge's lush delay comes from a line 6 DL4, Some of Tom Morello's stuff from RATM was done with a Flextone, and so much more great tones were developed with Line 6. The 15 watt spiders are loads of fun for practice, and at a decent price point, however, I tend to recommend something other than the spiders for gigging.

I believe the Flextone series is a great compromise between tone, versatility, power and price.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Metallica's used the Variax guitars for acoustic sounds, The Edge's lush delay comes from a line 6 DL4, Some of Tom Morello's stuff from RATM was done with a Flextone, and so much more great tones were developed with Line 6. The 15 watt spiders are loads of fun for practice, and at a decent price point, however, I tend to recommend something other than the spiders for gigging.

I believe the Flextone series is a great compromise between tone, versatility, power and price.

Couldn't agree more, i got my flextone for £125 secondhand, which is cheaper than an mg50 in comparison
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Quote by Pete Griffin
Couldn't agree more, i got my flextone for £125 secondhand, which is cheaper than an mg50 in comparison

I think a new Flextone in the US is cheaper than a MG250, with more useable volume as well.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
What do you guys think of the new line 6 spider valve? It's a combo project between line 6 and bogner. I played it in guitarcenter and it sounds pretty amazing. It's similar to the other spider amps but it's an all tube amp that uses bogner and line 6 technology to actually create the sounds rather then emulate it. Amazing tube sound and unlike the other spider amps what guitar u use actually effects your tone (alot).
Line 6 as a whole? They are okay, their high-end stuff is precisly that, high-end. Their low-end like the spider...not so great.

The only problem is that their high-end stuff is quite expensive, and for the same price or lower you could get a good tube amp, which in most peoples opinions (although this opinion is probably formed because they havnt tried the high-end stuff, including myself) is better.

Would I spend a grand on a modeller? no because I know what tones I want, and I dont want that many (I want a nice clean, nice light bluesey overdrive, and a medium OD, other than that I dont need any more) but if I was a person that wanted alot of versatility without more than one amp and an a/b/y box, then I may consider.
Quote by Hakanku
Line 6 as a whole? They are okay, their high-end stuff is precisly that, high-end. Their low-end like the spider...not so great.

The only problem is that their high-end stuff is quite expensive, and for the same price or lower you could get a good tube amp, which in most peoples opinions (although this opinion is probably formed because they havnt tried the high-end stuff, including myself) is better.

Would I spend a grand on a modeller? no because I know what tones I want, and I dont want that many (I want a nice clean, nice light bluesey overdrive, and a medium OD, other than that I dont need any more) but if I was a person that wanted alot of versatility without more than one amp and an a/b/y box, then I may consider.

Oh great, the next thing you're going to tell me is the Mode Four is good

There "high-end" stuff isn't high-end. It's pretty simple. Even the HD147 and the Vettas are really not that good. Why not just a Bogner, or a Deizel, or Splawn, or a Suhr, or a, well you get my point. If you want something high end, don't look to Line6. Sure the Vettas are nicer than the Spiders, but they still are crap IMO. AND YES I've played them extensively. They all seem to emit this highend, digital harshness that is really really bad. They only one that doesn't seem to have that is the Spider Valve, which is actually quite nice.
Quote by halikus

I also believe that alot of the stigma surrounding the pod is due to bad amplification. The Pod requires a tonally flat color free amp to sound how it should, now I only know of one product that provides that totally color free amp and thats the Atomic Reactor. Sadly these are a bit on the rare side but god do they sound good.

this is also the stigma surrounding most all amp emulation products
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Say Ocean
Oh great, the next thing you're going to tell me is the Mode Four is good

Im not that tone-deaf
Amps.. pfft. The flextone is definitely a decent deal if you want lots of versatility, the vetta does sound good, but it's definitely overpriced, i mean realisitically they just put a pod xt in a cabinet and added speakers, that shouldn't cost so much.

Some of their pedals are rather good, and of course the POD units, but I think they fail with the amps
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by halikus

I personally prefer to see line6 as a jack of all trades, competent in all but master of none.

+1

I read somewhere that In Flames used POD's on Come Clarity. And yes, the tone is great when there's bass and drums to go with it too. I like it. However, I hate the tone in, say, intro to Scream. I dunno, POD's are great if you have to patience to fiddle with them a lot.

Line 6 stuff is ok in general. Especially the pedals. I think the amps are the worst, and they're not that bad (except for the low end stuff).
It depends on what Line 6 product are you asking about.

Spider? No

Flextone? Pretty nice

POD, HD or Vetta? AWESOME

And their Variax guitars are also great, and when combined with their Vetta amps, you have the most versatile guitar rig possible.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Thing is though, if you're looking at a vetta, why not just buy a mesa triple recto, or an orange AD30 or something. I dont know... for the price, theres so many things that come to mind before line 6.
Les Paul Black Beauty Custom 3 Pickup
Bigsby B7g vibrato
3 EMG's 85/81/85

Martin D-28
If I would have enough money I would get a Vetta and a nice 4x12 cab with it.... I played it in GC and it sounded freaking awesome. Its like having an amp with a PODxt built into it
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
Quote by Hamer098
If I would have enough money I would get a Vetta and a nice 4x12 cab with it.... I played it in GC and it sounded freaking awesome. Its like having an amp with a PODxt built into it

Well yea you shouldnt eat that sushi last night...
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
Okay, enough of this. Instead of having arguments, let's start at the beginning. Which line 6 are you looking at TS?
Ben