Page 1 of 2
no, i mean that literally. public transport might as well sod the public for the good it does anyone.

i woke up a leeeetle bit late this morning (an extra hour surely isn't much to ask?) and ended up having to get the school bus with the school kids and the old people who faff around in town all day then bitch about how young people get on THEIR bus at 4.30pm. but that's another story. basically, this bus was meant to get to mistley at around 8.10am, but didn't turn up until 8.30am.

then, it proceeded to drive at about 20mph for the rest of the journey. this might be considered an improvement on the bus driver's usual suicidal speed of a zillion miles per hour round impossibly tight chicanes, but not when i need to get to college. the only excuse the driver had was "it's ****in' foggy aht there innit".

by foggy, he meant a light ground mist that was more than easily seen through with the aid of headlights.

well, the bus progressed about three miles to ardleigh, whereupon it stalled and refused to start for another 15 minutes. upon asking the bus driver to just let me off the damned bus so i could find some other way to get into town, i was informed that "nah mate, bus'll be aight in a sec, it don't like mornings, yeh?"

anyway, the long and the short of it is i reached the art school only about 30 minutes late only to find the group i was meant to be with today had disappeared into the murky depths of the studios, possibly never to be seen again. after a futile search i came here instead, battled with the internet for a while, then decided i would quite like to kill public transport, which never fails to fail at the most inconvenient times.

so come on...tell me how much you hate public transport. or just buses. i could go on about trains but we'd be here all day. alternatively, tell me how much you LOVE public transport, then provide your name and post code, so i can come and kill you for supporting satan's own taxi service.

MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
So basically, you got up late and are trying to blame it on a bus.

Noob

I live in Manchester, our public transport system is only beaten by London
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles

Noob

hm, i've never been to manchester. oh wait! do you have trams there? my sister nearly got killed by a tram once. it was hilarious

but yeah, i did get up late, but i've gotten that bus before when it's been running ok and still been in time for college.

plus, buses smell really bad in essex.

in coventry, the buses aren't so bad, apart from strange men holding their phones to their ears to listen to insanely loud music.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
I'm gonna agree. Just cause i was harrassed by a bunch of 12 year old on the bus today.

"Hey guy with the guitar! She thinks you're cute!"

"I dont care"

"OMG UR SO MEEN"
Quote by 7daycrisis
I'm gonna agree. Just cause i was harrassed by a bunch of 12 year old on the bus today.

"I dont care"

"OMG UR SO MEEN"

OMG THAT R WELL MEEN i mean U IS GAY HOW CUD U SAY THAT.

12 year olds are another reason to never get buses.

if i don't pass my driving test on thursday, i'm going on a bus killing spree. just me and my rocket launcher, killing buses, all day, every day, until they lock me up.
<//////>~ dA
You don't have a rocket launcher, silly.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by 7daycrisis

"I dont care"

"OMG UR SO MEEN"

haha
Quote by Minkaro
Were the Coronation Street scriptwriters nearby?

nah, some spaniards with broomsticks and a bunch of japanese tourists with cameras were, though. not much difference?

Quote by Rankles
You don't have a rocket launcher, silly.

yes i do, i blow up bad guys with it

oh, you mean in REAL LIFE. then no, i don't.

it's on my christmas list.
<//////>~ dA
Blegh.... Buses... ive 2 stories about how pathetic and arrogant bus drivers are.

1. I stayed over a mates house once in a town about 12 miles (possibly more) away from where i live. The day i was supposed to be coming back the bus company thought it would be a great idea to raise the ticket prices without consulting anyone. Anyway, when the bus came, i gave him the usual money before the raise ( unaware of course) and was told rudely "nah you ain't got enough", and he told me how much it was. I didnt have enough, i was like 10p short, so the bitch told me i couldnt come on. So after swearing at him and kicking the bus as i left after an argument with him, i had to WALK 12 miles cause my mate who i was staying with went out somewhere. I walked 12 miles..... because of 10p. And they were country roads.

2. I was getting the bus to see my gf at the time's show thing (she was a dancer and such), anyway, the bus was running late due to traffic, so i tried to get off before the stop because the traffic wasnt moving at all! Seems reasonable right? apparently not as i could get run over.... by cars not moving at all. I told him i was going to be late and possibly not even allowed in to see my gfs show. He didnt care. The guy didnt let me off the bus for basically half an hour when he finally reached the stop, in which by then i was late and had to explain to a LOT of people why i was late. Also to pursuade the people at the door to let me in when the show had already started.

Public transport = Arrogant Bus drivers = twats = **** off lol
Quote by esther_mouse

if i don't pass my driving test on thursday,

that's when i have my test too!

I don't mind buses that much, but i really don't use them very often.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
i tried to get a bus and all i ahd was a fiver (smallest change i had on me ) and the bus driver said no he couldnt give me a ticket because he didnt have pound coins WHAT THE HELL what a douche
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by flambe chicken
that's when i have my test too!

I don't mind buses that much, but i really don't use them very often.

good luck

and the reason you don't mind buses is because you don't use them very often. once or twice, they seem pretty alright. but everyday, twice a day, for the past seven and a half years of your life, turns them into a hellish nightmare.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
good luck

and the reason you don't mind buses is because you don't use them very often. once or twice, they seem pretty alright. but everyday, twice a day, for the past seven and a half years of your life, turns them into a hellish nightmare.

if i ever get the bus i get it with a load of friends, so we don't have to pay any attention to anyone else on the bus anyway!

and good luck to you too (although hopefully you won't need it )
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Ah, public transport isn't as bad as it's made out to be. Trains almost always run on time here. Granted, I don't take the bus often, but it's usually on time too.

Just wake up earlier, eh?

EDIT:

Quote by Airdevil
Blegh.... Buses... ive 2 stories about how pathetic and arrogant bus drivers are.

1. I stayed over a mates house once in a town about 12 miles (possibly more) away from where i live. The day i was supposed to be coming back the bus company thought it would be a great idea to raise the ticket prices without consulting anyone. Anyway, when the bus came, i gave him the usual money before the raise ( unaware of course) and was told rudely "nah you ain't got enough", and he told me how much it was. I didnt have enough, i was like 10p short, so the bitch told me i couldnt come on. So after swearing at him and kicking the bus as i left after an argument with him, i had to WALK 12 miles cause my mate who i was staying with went out somewhere. I walked 12 miles..... because of 10p. And they were country roads.

Yeah, THAT'S the way to persuade someone to let you on

And yes, ever single bus driver in the world is arrogant. Grow up.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Last edited by Metallica708 at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by Rankles

Noob

Rankles FTW, its all about Manchester!
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by Metallica708
Yeah, THAT'S the way to persuade someone to let you on

And yes, ever single bus driver in the world is arrogant. Grow up.

It wasnt a way to let me on. It was more frustration that journey which would of taken 35 mins took 4 1/2 hours to complete.

Its better to show anger as maybe it may help them think about how black their hearts are when they are lying in their beds at night lol. Thats if they dont sleep in caskets that is.....
Esther comes from essex? I did not know that.

But yeah, the buses and trains around my area are crap.

I live about a 25 minute walk from the train station, or a £1 bus ride for just over 5 minutes, and buses come every 20 minutes.

So basically, if I have just missed a bus it would take the same time to walk it as it would to wait and get the next bus (also healthier and saves me a quid)

BUT, it doesnt help that the buses are rarely on the times they should be, so I go to the bus stop look at the timetable, and see that a bus should be here in a couple minutes, so I wait. 5 minutes roll on by, the bus should be there any minute. Another 5 minutes rolls by, so I think "screw it, it may have came earlier than stated, so now im gunna have to wait another 20 minutes. And so I decide to walk, a couple minutes down the road (a different route to the bus of course) I hear the bus go past. Bastard.
Me and a group of friends were trying to catch the bus to a party and the driver wouldn't let us on because he said the bus was "too crowded".

Granted there weren't any seats left, but the sign on the bus says something like 24 people standing and however many seated. We told him this, but he still wouldn't let us on. We had to wait an hour for the next damn bus. Bloody knob.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quite like the public transport here in Edinburgh.

Jump on a bus, stick a £1 in the hole and hey presto, you can go as far as you want on that bus.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Airdevil
It wasnt a way to let me on. It was more frustration that journey which would of taken 35 mins took 4 1/2 hours to complete.

Its better to show anger as maybe it may help them think about how black their hearts are when they are lying in their beds at night lol. Thats if they dont sleep in caskets that is.....

Or you could have tried to show some maturity?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by 7daycrisis

"I dont care"

"OMG UR SO MEEN"

Thanks for the real-life lol.

It's always been ok where I live, although the other day me and some friends waited for the bus for over an hour, because one of the bus drivers of another bus told us there were buses every 15 minutes. Wanker.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Airdevil

Could you not have got off a few stops earlier? Surely it would have been cheaper?
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Jump on a bus, stick a £1 in the hole and hey presto, you can go as far as you want on that bus.

ignore the mention of the bus and that sounds absolutely filthy

yeah, we don't have little like, change buckets to put the money in here. we have to hand the money straight to the bus driver, then he sticks his grubby mitts in his pocket and gives you the most skanky looking change he can, lol.
<//////>~ dA
Down here in Oxfordshire it's actually pretty good! Sure out here in the country you get about one person every 5 buses but it's the thought that counts
The bus drivers by me are assholes, but its funny. They say the minimum charge is 70p (thats meant to be 2 stops). I paid 70p from Kingswinford to go all the way to Wolverhampton and the bus driver didnt care! But, there was tons of traffic before my stop, and I was gonna be late for where I needed to be so I said to the driver 'Here will be alright mate, if you want to let me off. I'm running a bit late.' And the twat shouts at me 'NO, the bus stop is THERE!'

Alright... gay
Quote by Airdevil

2. I was getting the bus to see my gf at the time's show thing (she was a dancer and such), anyway, the bus was running late due to traffic, so i tried to get off before the stop because the traffic wasnt moving at all! Seems reasonable right? apparently not as i could get run over.... by cars not moving at all. I told him i was going to be late and possibly not even allowed in to see my gfs show. He didnt care. The guy didnt let me off the bus for basically half an hour when he finally reached the stop, in which by then i was late and had to explain to a LOT of people why i was late. Also to pursuade the people at the door to let me in when the show had already started.

In both these cases its just the bus drivers following the rules their given, hard luck I know but if every tom, dick and harry was 10p short on their bus fare the bus company would loose alot of money.
Shouldn't it be transport sodding public then?

Yeah, I live in Bristol now (not that London transport was much better) and it's pretty rubbish. The first buses keep getting fines, but they report it in a way like "we have to raise fares because you people keep reporting us" bollocks. It costs me like, £3.60 to go 5 miles by bus, daylight robbery!

And we have these U-link buses to get from my flat to uni, only they're crap. Many a time I've been waiting in the cold with a huddle of about 40 of us that have accumulated waiting for this bus, only for it to actually not turn up at all or for it to be full and drive past us all smugly.

I'm riding my bike from now on! Grr!
God i ****ing hate that when old people tell you to keep the noise down on 'their' bus when youre sitting there,with your headphones in,looking out the wondow,but your music is just a bit too loud for headphones,and they moan about that...Then they TELL you to stand up when they get on,een though there are ****loads of other seats,they dont drop hints,they just go straight for the kill!! I dont mind saying to them 'Excuse me,would you like to sit down?',but its the concept of the matter!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
^ Once I was on a bus and this old lady shuffled on and looked around for somewhere to sit, this bloke (also sitting down, the cheeky bastard) pointed at me and said "don't worry madam! this young lady would be DELIGHTED to give up her seat to you!"

Would I bugger!

So he spent the rest of the bus journey whinging about the youth of today. No, of course, it wouldn't kill YOU to stand up. Grr.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
^ Once I was on a bus and this old lady shuffled on and looked around for somewhere to sit, this bloke (also sitting down, the cheeky bastard) pointed at me and said "don't worry madam! this young lady would be DELIGHTED to give up her seat to you!"

Would I bugger!

So he spent the rest of the bus journey whinging about the youth of today. No, of course, it wouldn't kill YOU to stand up. Grr.

I hope you told him where to go.
...to us Canadians up here eh sod be this

And put transporting sod together and us Canadians think it's this...

I believe you were refering to a bus

Exactly! Youre on the bus/train or whatever,and youre on the bus for like 20 stops, youre on for like an hour,and this old bint gets on,makes you stand up,shes on for like 2 stops because shes too ****ing lazy to walk,and she then makes you get up,then moans about how kids used to be,and what they used to get for being like this in the olden days,and you just feel like saying,'Well guess what,ive had enough History lessons in school,so i dont need any more from you,you scraggy-haired,scrotum-faced old bint!'

/rant
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
waahh I hate buses

well I don't mind them that much, but the one I get comes like...5 minutes after school, and then if you miss that, you have to wait like 45 minutes cuz all the other buses are full of other school kids, and you can't get on cuz it's foool maattee.
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
For the most part tthough, I use my parents instead of bus drivers. Cheaper and easier.
I don't care what you say about your regional public transport, nothing beats my city, Bath for absolute shiteyness. Firstly a single ticket on the bus from the centre of town up to my village (2 miles), costs 1.80 and now I'm being charged adult rates while I'm only fifteen. The buses for Combe Down - my village - are suppose to arrive every half an hour, instead we get a bus every 45-70 minutes, whilst buses for remote villages, trowbridge, devizes and Fox ****ing Hill (Chav central in Bath) get a bus every 10mins.

It's awful, and some kids complain about 80pence for a return.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i pay £30 and get a year long pass for my uni, which has 3 services which means a bus every 10 minutes and i use the bus atleast 6-8 times a week for a journey that costs £1 so in the end it takes 4 weeks to travel the ammount i actually paid for.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Shouldn't it be transport sodding public then?

Yeah, I live in Bristol now (not that London transport was much better) and it's pretty rubbish. The first buses keep getting fines, but they report it in a way like "we have to raise fares because you people keep reporting us" bollocks. It costs me like, £3.60 to go 5 miles by bus, daylight robbery!

And we have these U-link buses to get from my flat to uni, only they're crap. Many a time I've been waiting in the cold with a huddle of about 40 of us that have accumulated waiting for this bus, only for it to actually not turn up at all or for it to be full and drive past us all smugly.

I'm riding my bike from now on! Grr!

The First Buses see it fit to rob the people of Bath, too. The south west is by far the worst place for transport in the world. Ever.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Oh yes

+1
Page 1 of 2