Poll: Did he have it coming?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did he have it coming?
Yes
19 56%
No
15 44%
Voters: 34.
Why people defend him?
It's true that the police used a bit of excessive force. But the man was speeding and drove through red lights.
But that's not the problem. The thing is that he ATTACKED cops and resisted the arrest.

Now I don't know what do you think but if you are a cop and you think that the guy could have killed your kid or wife, and resist to arrest, you have the whole right to beat him to arrest him .
So discuss.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

i think he had it coming, he didn't deserve it......but they were just doing what was right to protect more ppl than just one, i don't know how to word the way i think of it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I think so. Heres why:

In prison you get cable, free food, a safe place to sleep. Hell You can even get an education there if you want. All of this sh*t for free! There should be SOME part of the legal system where you get punished. Not to mention the dumbass kept resisting.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nG4nbAUG9Kg

Pretty sure he didn't deserve that.

Yes, I know there are parts not seen on video where he apparently "charged" at police (this alone is desputable) but c'mon, that clip speaks for itself. They're not even trying to contain him or anything, they're just ****ing laying into him for sport. Then when the officers were trialled, three were acquitted.

Besides, who cares what a Jew thinks anyway?!

kidding!
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nG4nbAUG9Kg

Pretty sure he didn't deserve that.

Yes, I know there are parts not seen on video where he apparently "charged" at police (this alone is desputable) but c'mon, that clip speaks for itself. They're not even trying to contain him or anything, they're just ****ing laying into him for sport. Then when the officers were trialled, three were acquitted.

Besides, who cares what a Jew thinks anyway?!

kidding!

Beware or will use my Jewjitsu and throw my Jew gold at you!

Back on the topic.
They may have used excessive force. But you are a dumbass if you try to resist arrest after speeding and trying to pull on a chase.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
****! Ninjews!

read the edit
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I don't know if anyone being beaten by police "had it coming", but apparently he sped through red lights, had drugs in the car, and resisted apprehesion. The police should have been fired from the force though. What they did was inexcusible.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Your pretty supid to start this up again, we're gonna' have riots in the pit...
I'm with the Cops on this one; he ran, he had drugs, he threatened the cops. So they beat his ass, and it was just.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Where are ya'll getting this **** about there being drugs in his car? I have never heard anything about that. I know that at the time, the police suspected that he was using angel dust or something, but that never came to anything.

I'm not saying that King was completely innocent, but the police just completely bungled the entire thing. When you couple the brutality of their treatment of King with the communication that they later had with fellow police officers (i.e. "I haven't beaten someone like this for a long time") it really doesn't paint a pretty picture for L.A.P.D.

Quote by TOAOIsaac
Your pretty supid to start this up again, we're gonna' have riots in the pit...

Yeah, **** man, it's going to be Los Angeles all over again!
Beating mighta been a bit heavy, he didn't look like he was still trying to get away after being hit with a baton about 20 times, i think they should have stopped. But he doesn't have my sympathy really. Especially if he broke the laws etc (i don't know the whole story though).
^ Yeah, because everyone who breaks the law deserves to be beaten repeatedly, even after they've submitted.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by mr.joopy987
He deserved to be arrested, but not to be viciously beaten.

I agree, it is not up to police officers to decide the proper punishment, that is left for the courts. A policeman's duty is to investigate a given situation, and apprehend all guilty parties. There are definitely alternatives that they could have taken. A beatdown like that is not only morally wrong, but legally wrong.
Originally posted by Cakefighter
Ya wooden shoe wearin, windmill buildin, (I'd call ya pot smokin but it would make me a hypocrit) dirty Welshman.
It may have been a bit excessive, but I'm not going to shed any tears over the plight of someone who knowingly and willingly evaded, eluded, and tried to attack police officers. If you're stupid enough to try that, any consequences are your own fault.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Yeah, because everyone who breaks the law deserves to be beaten repeatedly, even after they've submitted.

I never said they did?
I said i thought the beating was unnecessarily heavy, and they should have stopped because he obviously wasn't going anywhere fast.
Quote by urik
Why people defend him?
It's true that the police used a bit of excessive force. But the man was speeding and drove through red lights.
But that's not the problem. The thing is that he ATTACKED cops and resisted the arrest.

Now I don't know what do you think but if you are a cop and you think that the guy could have killed your kid or wife, and resist to arrest, you have the whole right to beat him to arrest him .
So discuss.
WHY did you have to bring this up and disturb old wounds?

"Can we all get along?"

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I would lie to you if I said that I just wanted to open an educated debate.

I simply want BLOOD !
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Police officers, by law, only have the right to use force plus one.

Yes, he attacked the police, but was it necessary to beat him so severely and with so many numbers? Absolutely not. They had the right to hit him enough to subdue him, not enough to beat the **** out of him. People with guns hardly get that kind of treatment.

Edit: I hate this "could have" argument, too.

Yeah, he could have killed someone. But he didn't. This kind of thing isn't based on "could haves" and shouldn't be. Every day I "could have" punched someone because they irritated me. Does that mean I deserve to be treated as if I did? No.
Last edited by Inimical at Oct 29, 2007,
^ Yeah, they essentially called in other people just to take whacks at him.
Hi, I'm Peter
The guy was clearly a crook. But someone who hits a defenseless man when he's down shouldn't be a cop. Period.
Death to Ovation haters!