do the new Vietnam Ampegs still say "Made in USA" on the back? or are they more honest about their roots?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
My guess is that they're made in the USA. They're assembled in 'Nam, however.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah. Most big companies do that. All the parts are U.S.A. and the assembly is made in poorer countries like Korea, Japan or in this case Vietnam.
The jazz student
Well...If they did, I'm sure it'd be breaching some consumer law somewhere.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Well...If they did, I'm sure it'd be breaching some consumer law somewhere.

Nope, there's some companies who do this in reverse - they make the parts in an Asian country and assemble them in the States.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
but if my amp says SLM Electronics on it, that means it's 100% USA made, correct?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
On the back of my brand new SVT Classic, it says:

Designed in St. Louis, MO.
Manufactured in Vietnam.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
ampeg ruv you rong time! did you already know it was manufactured there? did it cost any less?
ampegs are produced in asia.... completely, they are just based in america so that they have the american feel or w/e bull they are trying to pull
i wouldent worry about where anything is made. Ampeg never made anything rotten and is a great company with a high reputation to maintain so i do not think they would do anything to save money that would effec the quality of thier products.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Well, I don't think they went to Asia to make more money for themselves - I think the market got too competitive and they needed to make the move to keep the prices down.

Another thing is the amps are being made in Vietnam, not China. I'll give Vietnam the benifit of the doubt here - I don't know how their production lines are, and if the amps were made in Korea or Japan, I don't think anybody would complain. I don't think Ampeg is stupid and they have a lot to lose by letting their quality suffer, and I trust their choice. Vietnam could put out CIJ/MIK calibre products instead of Chinese or Indonesian inconsistencies.
Quote by Cody_Grey102