Poll: Where do you find your picks? if ever again...
Poll Options
View poll results: Where do you find your picks? if ever again...
In the washing machine!
18 18%
On your table a few days/weeks later!
45 46%
Somewhere in your bag
3 3%
One day in your wallet!
8 8%
Other (specify please)
24 24%
Voters: 98.
Page 1 of 2
Hmm, dunno if this has been done before but it has startled me that i spend about $70 a year on new picks. What's funnier is that this year i can only remember wearing out at most 5 good picks! So just wondering (poll), where do you normally find your picks??? Also wondering what kind of picks you prefer most (yeah i'm bored).
Grrr!!! Rrrr!!! Rawr!!! Meow???
I've never found a pick i have 'lost'

Actually, I've only got one left that I actually use, and i got it in Hong Kong, and i haven't seen any over here at all (Ibanez Heavy's).

I'll have to get my picks shipped from Hong Kong if i lose this one
I love using jazz III picks. and if I ever find my picks they're ussualy in my washing machine.
In the couch.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Quote by andrew789
I love using jazz III picks. and if I ever find my picks they're ussualy in my washing machine.

exact same here
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
I can't find my picks.... My mom always find them when she's cleaning something...
I lose litterally one a day

And i know have specification on pick thickness because i can only play with what ive got
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
Ahh, i use ibanez heavy picks too! And i've got 2 left! I bought them at $5 for 6..............
Grrr!!! Rrrr!!! Rawr!!! Meow???
I bought 2 dozen picks 3 years ago. I still have 21 of them. Two of them are kept interwoven between the strings of my two favorite guitars when I'm not playing them. They're heavily worn and I like the feel of them a bit better than a fresh pick. I have 5 in a pick case. That's the only way I carry a pick in my pocket.

I never break picks. I use heavy or extra heavy.

I've lost 3 picks in the last 3 years. I think I'll get over that somehow.

Ten years from now, I'll probably re-stock so I don't run out.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I bought 2 dozen picks 3 years ago. I still have 21 of them. Two of them are kept interwoven between the strings of my two favorite guitars when I'm not playing them. They're heavily worn and I like the feel of them a bit better than a fresh pick. I have 5 in a pick case. That's the only way I carry a pick in my pocket.

I never break picks. I use heavy or extra heavy.

I've lost 3 picks in the last 3 years. I think I'll get over that somehow.

Ten years from now, I'll probably re-stock so I don't run out.

Way to ruin the thread!
So I'm sitting on a chair with my guitar right next to my amp, and I strum really hard (I was a little frustrated) and my pick shoots out of my hand and I can't find it anywhere. I think 3 months later I noticed it was stuck underneath one of the buttons of my amplifier
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
My friend steals mine. I don't think he's bought a pick in his life. I have to steal everyone else's so I don't buy anymore.
i use a fender extra heavy pick... and if i yust look after picks i can find them like anywere in the hous :P my picks disepear all the times
I've used the same pick for about 10 months now Getting the **** ripped out of it - it's 1.4mm. I do lots of scrapes down the strings so the sides are all ruined.. but I love it.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
i generally use match pics .7s and i lose them at least 1 or 2 a week. when/if i find them there under my cab or in my gfs wallet (she likes to steal them cuz she thinks its funny)
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
I use Jazz IIIs.I always find them under my bed or something.And last year I used the same one all year
TBH I dont go through that many, I'v had 6 or 7 since christmas, and ive still got 4 including the one im using (I still have others, but these are the ones im using mostly)

Most of the time the plectrums I think are lost, then are found on my desk a day later or so (probably put there by my mum after stepping on it or something)
In my shoes.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
I keep my picks in a little plastic tub here on my desk because I'm a bit anal like that (And not anal in any other sense)
The matchbook pocket of my jeans. I put them in there for safe keeping, then pick up another.

In cact, I'll check my pockets now and see if I got any: Aww. None in here. Once though I found 4 picks. I was like holy shit, awesome! I was happy the rest of that day.
I lose them so much, and they end up in the strangest places. I've only found about 10% of the picks i've lost.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i've had the same 5 picks for around 3 months now...and i got them for free at guitar center lol
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
every week when i go to lessons i take a new one, or 2. so you could imagine how jacked i am on picks now.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by cocacolabottle
So I'm sitting on a chair with my guitar right next to my amp, and I strum really hard (I was a little frustrated) and my pick shoots out of my hand and I can't find it anywhere. I think 3 months later I noticed it was stuck underneath one of the buttons of my amplifier

LOL I know how that feels. Whenever I drop a pick, it bounces in a weird direction and gets lost. Later I find it 30 feet from where I dropped it.

edit: Oh and actually I lost all my picks and have turned to learning songs using finger picking. I like it better and will probably play that way from now on.
usually like 3 years later at a friend's house
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
I recently had my one and only pick, a red Jim Dunlop, broken. However, it had been used for ~2 years (notice that I don't shred or play that often)
Either in my wallet or on my desk or something. I want to go out and buy like £10 worth of them once I have a job and keep them in a little pot.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by -Vogel-
I recently had my one and only pick, a red Jim Dunlop, broken. However, it had been used for ~2 years (notice that I don't shred or play that often)

dude i know what you feel. i've had this one pick for about 2.5 years and i only use it. it's got so much sentimental value, i bet it sucks losing yours.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
i found one in my chest of drawers once. it had filled its cheeks with food and made a nest in my sock drawer.

come to think of it, that may have been my sister's hamster.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I have like 2 favorite picks, and I would die if I lost em. The thing is though, I hate dropping my pick when im in the middle of something. And it seems to happen to me quite often. Which is quite ****ty when you're having band practice. So now, I've been playing fingerpicking. Trying to develop my own sound with that and it's coming along fine. Quite ironic how I can play a lot faster licks without a pick.
Once I did my laundry, the lint collector had all of like 30 picks in it.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by esther_mouse
i found one in my chest of drawers once. it had filled its cheeks with food and made a nest in my sock drawer.

come to think of it, that may have been my sister's hamster.

lol wtf?
Page 1 of 2