Besides the strat and tele, what are some other good single coil guitars? Im pretty sure thats what im looking for, right now im rly thinking about a highway one or american fender, but those are the only options that i knew would be good in the price range. Are there any other guitars that fit into the classic rock/blues/alt genre that would be good to look at? I dont rly want a les paul, i like them, they just arent the sound im looking for.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well there are a few Danelectro-like guitars with lipstick pickups and there's Rickenbacker, too.

Other than that, the afore mentioned Strat and Tele should do the job (or something like a Jaguar).

Also, Ibanez has a few HSS models like the SA series, those might be worth a look.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
you could get a Gibson/Epiphone les paul junior
they have P90 single coil pickups
Quote by Trefellin
I got into a fight with Handel once, he baroque my nose.

Quote by leeb rocks
Seth Govans your guitar teacher? God. am I jealous.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Well there are a few Danelectro-like guitars with lipstick pickups and there's Rickenbacker, too.

Other than that, the afore mentioned Strat and Tele should do the job (or something like a Jaguar).

Also, Ibanez has a few HSS models like the SA series, those might be worth a look.

ah yes, i forgot that ricks were in my price range now.... do they play well? that may be a stupid question but ive never played one
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
ah yes, i forgot that ricks were in my price range now.... do they play well? that may be a stupid question but ive never played one

My dad has the 660 12 string and it's amazing, especially through a good amp.

Great quality, attention to detail, nice tone woods, almost completely made out of flamed maple, and so forth. Other Rickenbackers I've seen also have been great.

I'd recommend you to look at a used 650 of some sort; great guitars and they're not that expensive.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by niguitars.com
yamaha pacifica 812v

that is a great axe

Good reccomendation, some of the upper range Yamahs are beautiful instruments. As a rule, anything costing over $900 Aussie is gonna be excellent quality. Down side is that almost none of them have single coils in all positions, most have a brisge humbucker.
Quote by Xeus
you could look at burns guitars

eh, can you get burns guitars in the states?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional