Hey,i bought an Ibanez RG560 a few weeks ago,the 1-5 frets were buzzing alot..so i had it set up at the place i bought it,the action's a ****load higher now,but It's still buzzing+i noticed dents in the frets with the prob...think this is grounds for a refund? =p

Edit:The dents are deep enough for the top 3 strings to rest in
Last edited by stereotype6 at Oct 29, 2007,
any pics?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Cant get one that shows it on my webcam..forgot to mention its was second hand,16 yrs old.
you might be able to get a refund but you could also try an order a new neck an have the guys at your music store set it up for ya
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

you can get the neck refretted
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Few years back i bought a peavey tele copy (2 humbuckers with a singlecoil, coil tap etc) that was on offer for £89

It was all well and good til i got it home and found chunks out of the frets.

Took it in, got a free fretjob, setup and 3 packs of strings!

Zebra Musik in Ilkeston *nods*
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
Everybody is different on frets. Some have a light touch and never need em worked on. The cheap ones coming in guitars now I can waste pretty quick. Like yours get the dents in em from vibrato, etc. I dont think you can complain to much about a 16 year old guitar. You can get the frets replaced but finding someone who will do a good job is tough. Or a new neck but new necks usually need fret work done to. Most companies just put the wire in and leave it to you to have them leveled. I do my own and use stainless fret wire never have a problem after that.
Like some other dude said you can get it refretted.
Actaully take back to the guitar store see what they say, you may get some freebees
Manchester United
Quote by Shabalaba
Like some other dude said you can get it refretted.
Actaully take back to the guitar store see what they say, you may get some freebees

Yeah. Once your frets start getting dented, its becoming time to have 'em done. My Ibanez has some minor dents in its first 2 frets, but its fine. In general, they will wear down/get slight dents up their due to chording, but it should be fine. When you get it done, just have them all replaced. Its worth it in the long run.