ok so for chrimbo I'm getting the chance to get a pedal or two of my parents. But im having trouble choosing between two stomp boxes or one bigger pedal.

If I was to get a bigger pedal it would the EHX Bass Micro Synthesizer, and if I was to get two stomp boxes I would get a Morley dual bass wah, but I don't know what else.

I've tried both the Micro Synth and the Dual bass wah and I like them both, but I can't decide on a second stomp box if I was to get two smaller pedals. Any suggestions for the second stomp box? (by the way I already have a distortion so please don't recommend a distortion)
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
You never told us what you play, and the micro synth counts as a small pedal???
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
I play ABSOLUTELY anything from classical music to heavy metal to funk, and I said the EHX was a bigger pedal.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I've also been looking at getting the Bass Microsynth but I really don't think I'd use it that much and really get the most out of it's features, so I'm going to buy probably the BOSS auto-wah for some funky effects and an Electro Harmonix Small Clone chorus pedal.

If you do end up buying the two separate pedals, I would recommend getting a chorus if you don't already have one, use it subtly and it really thickens out your sound, use it full on and you get some awesome almost fretless sounds.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I think that microsynth is a fantastic and exceptional pedal. Being able to blend 3 types of synth together is really special, and that square-wave fuzz is excellent. I'd like to get that pedal and an EHX POG but I don't have the, oh, $500 required.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I think that microsynth is a fantastic and exceptional pedal. Being able to blend 3 types of synth together is really special, and that square-wave fuzz is excellent. I'd like to get that pedal and an EHX POG but I don't have the, oh, $500 required.

Can't you do what you always do and go the ebay route?
Anyway, TS, get the microsynth.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Can't you do what you always do and go the ebay route?
Anyway, TS, get the microsynth.

Yeah, yeah, that's $500 on eBay. It'd probably be a solid $650 in stores, and alas - I've nothing to sell.

TS, I once again recommend the Microsynth:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lQGT19BrPZ4

But the POG is worth looking at, too! I'd get the POG over the Microsynth now that I look at it!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Wise choices on bith the microsynth and a Wah.

Heard the Synth demo and tried the Wah and they are both increadible pedals that are hard to fault (even on price for the mocrosynth).

For me, the big think is would you use a synth a lot, or as a gimmic you tire off in a month and then pull out every so often?

Wahs and many other pedals can be used in nearly every song subtly, but that synth demands special attention. Would you give it attention and need its sounds?

It's your call.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1