i have an acoustic electric thats pretty old. i plugged it in to my amp but theres no sound. i check everything and i even tried another guitar and it worked so its not my amp. i checked the pickups and they still are magnitised(not sure if this means anything). could it be that the wiring is too old? is there anything i can do?

couple is things. It has no preamp. so that means theres no battery. i checked all the knobs to see if they're up. the amp im using is fine. the cable im using is fine. any help?
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
contrary to popular believe, electronics in guitars dont last much more then 10 years

and old guitar=old wiring.

that or the actual circut board is ****ed up then youll pay out the ass
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
contrary to popular believe, electronics in guitars dont last much more then 10 years

Sorry to interrupt, but electronis in good guitars will work for more than 10 years... Some vintage Gibsons and Fenders from the 50's still have all the oroginal electronics...

Anyway OP, it's probably only a loose wire inside the guitar or the jack that fucked up. It shouldn't cost a lot the get repaired (a jack costs like 5 bucks).
well i took everything out and looked at it then put it back in and for some weird reason it started working...it sounds good just a heck of a lot of feed back. thanks anyways
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's