I just wondered where you guys prefferred to have your wah is all.

I personally prefer mine second in the chain, after my Bad Monkey, it sounds real nice imo.

yeah so go ahead and say lol

db
I prefer mine first in the chain, but I don't use many effects after that, an OD and that's it
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I didnt know sequence mattered. yeh, go ahead and laugh. All i use at the moment is a boss ds-1 but im getting a morley wah pedal and i didnt know that kind of thing mattered. How does it affect your sound?
if you have your wah before your DS1 then your putting a clean 'wah' before the effect. And same applies the other way round , as in , if you use your wah after the DS1 then you are 'wahing' a dirty sound, if that makes sense!!! personally I use mine first in the chain and finish with a boss grahic eq.
if it is before your distorions, it will be a clear wah sound

if it comes after then it will be gainer, grittier, more growly. It doenst really matter, it is more up to preference. There is an article about positioning but i haent got the link on this comp. There might be someone who could give you the link tho....
i gots a question how do you get those freaking high bend sounds with the wah i tried bending and having the peadl at its full sweep but it ddint do it.and im kinda new to them but i play hard rock and metal so i would like to know how and i cant figure it out.oh and i tried a PH and it didnt do it either
Quote by metalcameron89
i gots a question how do you get those freaking high bend sounds with the wah i tried bending and having the peadl at its full sweep but it ddint do it.and im kinda new to them but i play hard rock and metal so i would like to know how and i cant figure it out.oh and i tried a PH and it didnt do it either

well that depends what wah you have. some lower end wahs have really poor sweeps and some dont work very well with high gain

Quote by The Fret-Dancer
is the effect thats first the one being plugged into the amp or the guitar

the guitar
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
First. I place my fuzz after it; since it completely 'buries' the wah if I put it before. It's the same with all my other pedals too, the wah sounds stronger and clearer if it's first.
mine's first.

also, i keep mine away from my amp's speaker. the vibration causes it to rattle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
well that depends what wah you have. some lower end wahs have really poor sweeps and some dont work very well with high gain

I Have A ZW-45 Crybaby.But At The Moment Im Using A Regular Crybaby From The Seventies.It Doesnt Do Well For What Im Asking But Im Sending My ZW Out To Get Fixed
well you just identified your own problem by the looks of it

somehow this post ended up in a thread i wasn;t posting in... strange
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Oct 29, 2007,
Sometimes I have a wah second in the chain after my OD3 overdrive and before my SD1 overdrive, and sometimes first in the chain. I don't really use wah that much though, it's not in my regular chain.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
well you just identified your own problem by the looks of it

somehow this post ended up in a thread i wasn;t posting in... strange

in a way kinda but i still dont how to get the really wierd eary high bend kinda sound slayer uses it a bit and i like it alot and i dont know what to do
mines after my distortion

EDIT: i find the jump from low to high frequencies smoothened with it this way
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Oct 30, 2007,
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
I didnt know sequence mattered. yeh, go ahead and laugh. All i use at the moment is a boss ds-1 but im getting a morley wah pedal and i didnt know that kind of thing mattered. How does it affect your sound?

Don't feel bad man, I didn't either. That's what's soooo friggin' cool about guitar. You think you know the main things you need to play, yet you still continue learning years and years after you begin playing.

Not that I knew it mattered, but I only have 2 effects pedals, after giving away my rp50, and Dan Electro reverb and distortions. I use an Original Crybaby wah 1st up, followed by my E.H Double Muff overdrive. I almost always have the wah in first, but I'm sure there has been a few times that I reversed that order unknowingly. Left my wah at a friends a while back and haven't gone to get it yet, so for now it's just the Double Muff. Looking for a Fuzz Face or Big Muff though, and hopefully an Electric Mistress.
Global warming at my homework, sir.
Quote by mr_hankey
First. I place my fuzz after it; since it completely 'buries' the wah if I put it before. It's the same with all my other pedals too, the wah sounds stronger and clearer if it's first.

+1. Definately makes the wuh less pronounced and as you put it, "buried".

Chris
I have my wah like this: amp--->CH-1--->Ibanez WH10 WAH--->EHX Big Muff--->Boss DS-2--->guitar for me it sounds the best... but everything depends on what wah pedal You have
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
^ someone clearly just posted that to show off their wah.......

"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I put my wah after my DS-1. If i put it before the DS-1 it sounds clean and when i sweep you cant hear the bass wah. So wah after distortion works best for me.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Mines between two dirt pedals, so I've got the best of both worlds.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I like Distortion first, then wah. Really like the harmonic effect, and it doesn't bury my wah, it intensifies it.