Hey, could really use some advice or help with this.

Ok I am in a band And I use the drummer's dad's amp which is this huge Crate stack thingy. Anyway it's a valve amp and whenever I use my Boss Metalzone it creates a huge buzz when I am not playing (even when i turn my volume down on guitar). And his dad doesn't like this coz he thinks I am breaking his amp. Now I use the valve amps distortion and though it is good, there isn't enough gain, I tried messing with the EQ but it just can't cut through and get that tone I want. What can I do? Buy a noise reduction/noise-gate pedal? Get another pedal that doesn't do this to a valve amp (if its my pedals fault)?
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
90% of pedals do that, you arnt breaking the amp. try turning the gain on the pedal down some, or use the clean channel on the amp and run the pedal on it.
The pedal isn't a true bypass pedal so it will affect the tone even when turned off. There are ways around this.....
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Eternal_One
Hey, could really use some advice or help with this.

Ok I am in a band And I use the drummer's dad's amp which is this huge Crate stack thingy. Anyway it's a valve amp and whenever I use my Boss Metalzone it creates a huge buzz when I am not playing (even when i turn my volume down on guitar). And his dad doesn't like this coz he thinks I am breaking his amp. Now I use the valve amps distortion and though it is good, there isn't enough gain, I tried messing with the EQ but it just can't cut through and get that tone I want. What can I do? Buy a noise reduction/noise-gate pedal? Get another pedal that doesn't do this to a valve amp (if its my pedals fault)?

That's what the MT2 does

And are you SURE it's a valve amp? If it is you aren't breaking it, just making it sound like crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
lol yes it's a valve amp. I know the Metalzone is a high gain pedal, but when I read the reviews before buying it I didn't think it would be THIS BAD.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
You'd be better of with just an OD pedal or even just an EQ....the metal zone is atrociously bad.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, get an EQ pedal like a danelectro fish&chips if you're on a budget, and use that to boost the amp's gain. it'll be a hundred times better than than pos pedal.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite