Does anyone else hate how the word noob has infiltrated our society in every way possible? I can't go anywhere without see it. When I'm on any online video game they drop it constantly, even if someone just sucks they don't necessesarily have to be new to it. People use it at my school, and it even has taken kindly to many users of my one safe haven, this site. JEEZ.
yeah, it shouldn't be said in real life.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
4chan? either that or video gaming has a lot to do with it i reckon. especially MMORPGs
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
IMO n00b and newbie are to different things. A noob is someone trying to look good and experienced at what he/she is doing that is failing... A newbie is someone new at what he is doing.
nice one, Oct. 07'er....i agree with you rojo, its ridiculous
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
yeah.. i hate my school mates for that...
got pwned
headshot
stfu
and stuff like that also count
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
yeah, i hate when people say it, its bad enough online
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
It's part of online gaming. It is basically how kids who are losers feel powerful by spending hours of their life mastering a game and then bullying the people who are bad. The people who are bad are usually people who are normal and dont spend enough time playing the game to get good at but bully the losers in real life.

Its a cycle but overall normal people win because we all know trying to act tough over the internet makes you look like an idiot.
It's sad. If some kid starts shouting about those words in a game (unless jokingly of course) then I just focus all fire on them. Teammate or not
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
It's sad. If some kid starts shouting about those words in a game (unless jokingly of course) then I just focus all fire on them. Teammate or not

Yeah in my opinion, if someone says it in text, its funny.. or OCCASIONALLY, depending on the situation, in real life its funny. But over mics in online games just as an attempt to insult someone, they will be shot in the face.
Consider yourself lucky, I know people who say 'lol' instead of actually laughing- in person that is.
Quote by Kankuro
Yeah, I call my friends n00bs.

Me too.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by Tom_hatton
Consider yourself lucky, I know people who say 'lol' instead of actually laughing- in person that is.

... I say ROFL...
666 BRO
People say it in real life?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by Tom_hatton
Yeah. I even know this one kid who says 'Roflcopter'. WTF does Roflcopter mean?!?!?!?!

lol sock him...
Damn, every time I pass by this thread I think it says "n00dz". ...
666 BRO
Quote by rojomeansred
Does anyone else hate how the word noob has infiltrated our society in every way possible? I can't go anywhere without see it. When I'm on any online video game they drop it constantly, even if someone just sucks they don't necessesarily have to be new to it. People use it at my school, and it even has taken kindly to many users of my one safe haven, this site. JEEZ.

Theirs this magical place called outside, you should try it sometime.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Tom_hatton

my brother now does that, it is the most fucing annoyng thing ever, whenevr he sees something funny hell shout lol
On move-in day at my university, the Engineering students hung a giant "no n00bs" sign on an overpass on the main highway into the city.

I'm in Engineering myself though, and we do use the word every once in a while. Tastefully.
Quote by rojomeansred

It's internet slang. Two of the three places you just mentioned are on the internet. What do you expect?

Besides, one doesn't have to be new to be a n00b. One simply has to demonstrate a lack of understanding.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Izz
IMO n00b and newbie are to different things.

A noob is someone trying to look good and experienced and failing...

A newb(ie) is someone new at what he is doing.

Thats the best definition of the terms I've seen in a while.