I'm looking for a small tube amp. It need to be small enough for to transport it easily.
But still sound good.

Any ideas?
what type of music do you play?

what's ur budget?

do you play in a band?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ID say a Crate Palomino 5w. sounds excellent, and is pretty small. Or u could get an Epi Valve Jr. The only thing thats wrong with it is that it only has one knob, a volume control. I think the Crate is the same size as the VJ combo, but has a gain and tone control.
Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at all of them

Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

what's ur budget?

do you play in a band?

I'm not in a band, I play Classic Rock, blues, a little bit of metal (Black Sabbath mostly)

I dont want to say a budget, because I would rather save up and get a good amp, then buy one now

edit, ouch, lots of these amps are pricey, some under 800 dollars (hopefully a lot under )
Last edited by Nugi at Oct 29, 2007,
^^all of those amps were under 800 bucks...most of them quite a bit

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by qotsa1998
ID say a Crate Palomino 5w. sounds excellent, and is pretty small. Or u could get an Epi Valve Jr. The only thing thats wrong with it is that it only has one knob, a volume control. I think the Crate is the same size as the VJ combo, but has a gain and tone control.

I might get the Valve Special..
I really looks like a nice amp
For a small tube amp:
Crate Palomino V8, Crate Vintage Club V5 (or something)
Fender Champ 600, Pro Jr., Blues Jr. (+ OD)
Peavey Valveking Royal 8, JSX Mini Colossal

If you're looking to start/join a band and will eventually be gigging, then you might want to just save up for something like:
Crate Palomino V32
Peavey Classic 30
Traynor YCV40WR/YCV50Blue
Laney VC30
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or something
Ok, I've had a look around. And found which ones are avablible.
Epiphone Valve Special
Fender Champion 600
These two seem every similar, which one do you think is better?

Marshall AVT-Series AVT20 (pricey)
This one I found while looking through the others, is it worth the extra cash? It's 20 watt so would play a lot louder..
AVTs are not what I thought you meant by tube amps. They are hybrids. Don't bother.
Floyd Rose DST-2
Vox AD15VT
Quote by 6StringCraig
AVTs are not what I thought you meant by tube amps. They are hybrids. Don't bother.

Oh ok, so they dont sound as good?

btw, will I be able jam with a drummer with these amps? Will it play loud enough?
^5 watt tube combos are trickey to get over drummers with. If you have a reasonable drummer, who dosn't have a "LISTEN TO ME HIT THINGS LOUDLY" complex, and you position the amp right, you can do it.