Hi. I play a 75 watt Line 6 Spider II on the Metal Red Setting. The EQ controls suck on this thing and I can't get a good sound at loud volumes. I like this amp and I don't want to get rid of it cause it is loud and has great distortion.

Should I get an EQ pedal or something? Could you recommend something. $175.00 is my limit. Thank you to all who contribute.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
the Line 6 amps sound horrible at high volumes. period. you can get an EQ pedal, but I can't see it giving you a significant boost as your amp is crap.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
when turned up loud, that amp will sound like ass. that is the nature of the solid state power amp
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by guitar4life24
The EQ controls suck on this thing

baaad grammar error

it should be

this thing sucks.

save up for a new amp...it dont have much use to spend loads of dough on pedals

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by SG thrasher
The EQ isn't the problem.

Then wat is?
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
can someone recommened a good amp loud enough to gig wit under 300
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
take it outside and bring a baseball bat, and act out the scene from Office Space. Then save your money (yes quite a bit more than 300) and buy a tube amp.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
^you mean make crap louder? dont!

sell your spider (if you can/want to)
and then have a new budget...you can get a classic 30 for about what? 350? 400? or a blues junior for that price

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

im tryin to convince my parents to let me get another amp. My Christmas budget is tight this year because my parents r spending over $16,000.00 on education 4 me and my brother.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
i had one of those for a while. thats a pretty good practice amp but I ran into the same problem when trying to play loud. another post on here says solid state amps suck but thats not true. I have a line 6 pod xtl that run to a peavey power amp and then to a 5150 cab and sounds pretty sweet. you just have to get enough power. i have 300 watts going to the cab. it's a cheaper alternative to a high priced tube amp.
Quote by Sound Mind
make it louder? buy extesion cab?

Wrong.

I say sell the thing, maybe save up a bit more and buy a Randall rg50ht, that should give you a gigging metal amp.
I say sell the thing, maybe save up a bit more and buy a Randall rg50ht, that should give you a gigging metal amp.

How much is that Randall amp?
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by sowhat360
i had one of those for a while. thats a pretty good practice amp but I ran into the same problem when trying to play loud. another post on here says solid state amps suck but thats not true. I have a line 6 pod xtl that run to a peavey power amp and then to a 5150 cab and sounds pretty sweet. you just have to get enough power. i have 300 watts going to the cab. it's a cheaper alternative to a high priced tube amp.

What people mean with solid state amps sucking, is that most solid state amps are cheap and low quality, so they suck. Also, just playing trough your power amp would suck. All solid state amps don't suck (some idiots would tell you that, tho), just usually tube alternatives are better (although maybe pricier).
Quote by guitar4life24

How much is that Randall amp?

I'm _guessing_ he means Randall RH-50 T. The price for head is 539e (to Finland, less to other places) from Thomann. Dunno about the price in states tho.
Wat about pedals? I cant afford a new amp so is there any good set of pedals for under $300.00
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
^no pedal is gonna make your ****ty amp sound good...!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by SG thrasher
Don't be an ass and beg, wait until Christmas or something.

I'm gonna beg 4 Christmas my budget is tight this year I already stated
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Ok. If you have 300 and your parents might be willing to pay 400 for christmas, then just combine the money and get a nice amp. What music do you play? If it is metal than a used 5150 would fit your needs. Maybe you could get a Randall or a B-52 AT-112