I'm currently in Iraq and living in less than ideal conditions with less than ideal 'roomates.' I'm looking for a once size fits all headphone practice rig.

I've been reading up here for a few days and I'm looking at the Pandora PX4D, the Line 6 Pocket Pod and the Boss Micro BR. I like the idea of a drum machine, which the pod doesn't have, but I also read that the Boss doesn't have any distortion (can anyone confirm this?) which might be a deal breaker.

I'll be playing a variety of stuff, but primarily just noodling for stress relief. If anyone has anything insightful to add comparing and contrasting any of those rigs, I'd love to hear it. Also, if there are any cool, but similar, setups I've missed, please go ahead and throw 'em in the mix.

Thanks all.

dean has a $50 headphone amp, isnt bad.

and my BR 530 has about 30 guitar/bass and acoustic effects. not sure, but im guessing the micro should have some effects too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Be careful over there, man.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
it does indeed have distortion (the boss that is) if you go onto gearwire.com and search for it. there's a nice review of it
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I believe any Digitech RP can be used for this, with a headphone adapter, but they use a lot of batteries. Plenty of distortions and drum patterns, though.

Stay safe.