Hey I'm planning on doing a complete over haul on my gear expect for my two guitars slash epip and fender tele. right now all the gear I own is fender fm half stack, peavey, bandit, digitech grunge and deathmetal, zakk wylde overdrive, GNX3000 and a original crybaby. I play in a classic rock/rock/psychedelic band. what suggestions do you have for a nice tube amp thats loud ehough to gig with? and I also use my wah a lot so I'll need one of those two. I should have about 1000-1500 can to spend.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
sell all that crap, get a vox ac30, ocd, and v847

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^excellent plan.

Consider a fuzz and a delay if you guys do pysch.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
yea I was looking at the peavey classic 30 and delta blues amp hot rod deluxe and the blues deluxe do you think that any of them would give off a good distortion for what I want?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by sheldonpardy at Oct 29, 2007,
AC30, OCD, and an RMC Picture Wah. Or maybe an Rocktron Austin Gold OD. Once u get the AC30, try out ur Zakk Wylde OD b4 u sell it.
why get a new wha when already owning a good one? @ hendriko: theres plenty of awesome amps, why get that particular one? not cheap for sure

laney vc30 212, fender (1,000,000,000 models), mesa, engl....
good amp + a good overdrive pedal = all you need
^sure thing

the laney is the same as the vox, just not AS great imo
and vox just came to my mind because it would do great cleans and classic rock OD easily...and because i want one myself

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well dose anybody have a suggestion on a cheaper amp around 1000? the vox is 1300 here and my dad thinks thats a bit pricey for an amp.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Its really a worthwhile investment. I'd try to explain to your dad how important a high quality amp is to tone, and how long a well made amp is going last. Look used too. It can save you a good bit of money at absolutely no loss in quality.

If that fails, theres other amps for less than 1000 with great tone. If you're in the US, look at the Peavey Classic 30 combo or head, because if you get the combo, it would be in your best interest to upgrade the speaker. The Delta Blues gets a lot of love around here, but i havent played it.

I'm a fender guy, so if you like fender tone, a deluxe reverb reissue is a good option, especially paired up with a good overdrive.

In the UK, Laney's are great values, especially a VC30. Its like an AC30, just cheaper.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I really really like the sound of the vox I'm gonna try to convince my dad to let me buy it.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H