Feynman Is Alive
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/psychenautsongs
Sharebig: http://www.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s14bfphbhjji94X0C
Yousendit: http://download.yousendit.com/35B4542A5AD1DA19

I started writing this song at the end of last month and finished it two nights ago. It's all instrumental... mostly acoustic guitar with drums and some programmed violins, violas, and cellos. My 17 year old brother, Brandon, is also featured on the guitar solo starting at 1:48. This is easily my favorite song that I've ever written in the eight years that I've been playing music, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys could check it out and let me know what you think.

Edit: If you haven't heard my stuff before, my main influences are Yndi Halda, Japandi, Grails, Minus the Bear, Explosions In the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, etc.
thats some cool stuff dude, I wish I could play on an acoustic like that, Ive always been stronger on the electric. It has a cool prog type vibe.... sweet drumming in there too, is that a drum machine or a drummer.

EDIT: REALLY SWEET DRUMMING!

check out my band

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700574
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I really really really really do not think you are death metal.. take my word for it.

but for acoustic, you def stand out in this crowd of over-sensitive preteens with guitars

good stuff.

the one problem is the songs start cool but dont move they kinda stick on the same no lyric good riff, making them a little boring to listen to more than a minute or 2
Quote by touji-za-nai
I really really really really do not think you are death metal.. take my word for it.

but for acoustic, you def stand out in this crowd of over-sensitive preteens with guitars

good stuff.

the one problem is the songs start cool but dont move they kinda stick on the same no lyric good riff, making them a little boring to listen to more than a minute or 2

Haha believe me, I don't think I'm anything like death metal. I'm also not "Zouk," whatever the hell that is. I selected death metal as a description on Myspace because I'm influenced by a lot of death metal (Behemoth, Necrophagist, Opeth), used to play in a death metal band, and I consider my stuff more post-rock or even somewhat galic, and those aren't options.

I'm not sure what you mean by the songs "don't move." Maybe you're just not used to listening to instrumental music, but I play several different riffs throughout the song and change it up quite a bit. But thanks for the compliments either way.

GoodCharlotteSux: Thanks a lot for checking it out, man! I wrote the drums using GarageBand, so they're just drum loops edited and layered on top of each other. Once I have a few more songs written, I'm going to go into a studio and have my friend play drums for me.
Last edited by Psychenaut at Nov 3, 2007,
Quote by Psychenaut
Haha believe me, I don't think I'm anything like death metal. I'm also not "Zouk," whatever the hell that is. I selected death metal as a description on Myspace because I'm influenced by a lot of death metal (Behemoth, Necrophagist, Opeth), used to play in a death metal band, and I consider my stuff more post-rock or even somewhat galic, and those aren't options.

I'm not sure what you mean by the songs "don't move." Maybe you're just not used to listening to instrumental music, but I play several different riffs throughout the song and change it up quite a bit. But thanks for the compliments either way.

GoodCharlotteSux: Thanks a lot for checking it out, man! I wrote the drums using GarageBand, so they're just drum loops edited and layered on top of each other. Once I have a few more songs written, I'm going to go into a studio and have my friend play drums for me.

well, when i mean "dont move" im saying, the song structure is like A-A-B-B-A-A-B-B.. and not A-B-A-C-B-D if you get that, its repetitive to be blunt but thats not the best word for it
Quote by touji-za-nai
well, when i mean "dont move" im saying, the song structure is like A-A-B-B-A-A-B-B.. and not A-B-A-C-B-D if you get that, its repetitive to be blunt but thats not the best word for it

The structure is actually something like A-A-B-B-C-D-E-E-F-F-F-F...(with the solo on top)-A-A-A-A...(with more soloing on top). The only thing I repeat throughout the whole song is the first chord progression and second riff, combined at the end of the song, with the solo on top.