Poll: Dano 59 or Pro
Poll Options
View poll results: Dano 59 or Pro
Pro
6 38%
10 63%
Voters: 16.
Im gona buy a dano guitar(and make the biggest mistake one can do when buying a guitar, not try it out, its a long way from north sweden to germany just to try a €222 guitar ) but i cant realy make up my mind about witch to buy.

Here is the contenders:

http://www.thomann.de/se/danelectro_de_dano_pro_tangerine.htm
Dano Pro in tangerine(yes that is the color im looking at)

http://www.thomann.de/se/danelectro_de_59_dano_black.htm
Dano 59 in black

the 59 is probably more playable, but ther is something about the pro that i like. so chose your poison, witch of them do you like?

(dont want recomendations about other guitars in that pricerange its a dano i want!!)
Last edited by bemoth at Oct 31, 2007,
I think you'd have to play a Pro first to find out if its shape is comfortable for you.

Since you aren't able to do that, go buy a 59
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the pro looks horrible to me, not only due to the fact it would have terrible upper fret access. I have a '59 twelve string and it's a brilliant guitar, i've played the older reissue of the '59 with 3 pickups which was also very nice.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The Pro looks so uncomfortable, so incredibly hideous, it's made of plywood, it's offensively ugly, yet it's unbelievably cool.

If you can try it out and you like it, definitely go for the Pro.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
The Pro is so damn attractive I'm considering buying one myself. A shame they don't have 'em in red up here in Europe.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The Pro looks so uncomfortable, so incredibly hideous, it's made of plywood, it's offensively ugly, yet it's unbelievably cool.

all danelectros are made of plywood...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by Blompcube

That doesn't make this one better , I was just listing some of the qualities...
Quote by Bonsaischaap

i know. ist something thats makes them so ugly that it feels like you cant live without one
but sad to say, i cant try em out...but its not like im gonna get dead broke when buying the guitar, i meen its just €222, so maby i just wing it with the pro and if i dont like it i get a 59 also
this one needs some thinking...im feeling like a 4 yearold at his first visit to the candy store, i just cant chose at the moment :/
Quote by Blompcube

naa, i think they are masonite, for the better or for the worst i dont know. but i do know they arent solid and i dont care, i love them anny how
To clear things out, they're semihollow with a plywood frame and masonite top and back.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
To clear things out, they're semihollow with a plywood frame and masonite top and back.

thats what i meant when i said they are all made of plywood

i think also that its agathis plywood, i'm not sure. but they are really good sounding guitars

Quote by Green_Jelly

ahh, had a feeling that it was so(semihollow that is)
Quote by Blompcube
thats what i meant when i said they are all made of plywood

i think also that its agathis plywood, i'm not sure. but they are really good sounding guitars

ahh, i see you have may next to buy guitar, a jet king. another guitar i just fell in love with the first time i saw it(do you notise a slight vintage fetish )

Edit: spells like a goat on speed
Quote by bemoth
ahh, i see you have may next to buy guitar, a jet king. another guitar i just fell in love with the first time i saw it(do you notise a slight vintage fetich )

You do seem to have a thing for tasteless, obnoxious, yet cool guitars.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

so it is
Quote by bemoth
so it is

That's o.k.

Personally I like bright coloured '80's guitars and fake, painted on, F-holes.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

so do I

I like the 59' but if you like the pro then get it I suppose.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
i can now proudly say that in a few days i will be feeling wery Jimmy Pageish
Yes i chickend out and bought a black '59, but im satisfied with my choice