ok lets say your playing the A chord do you strum all the strings or just the 3 your holding down? i know this has gotta sound pretty noob but i am a noob so answere plz.
Beginner Guitar Player
strum all the stings
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
find a chord tablature much help
i learned all the Major, Minor, 7TH, Major 7TH, Minor 7TH, Diminished, some kind of chord thts marked with an O with / through it from a tablature
Not necessarily. Look up the chords before you play them. Some chords use all the strings, while others do not. The D chord, for example, is played by only strumming the bottom four strings.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
^ on the d chord, I only strum the D, the G, and the B string, not the bottom note and string.
Yeah, so do I . I was just explaining the right way to do it. Many people just play the open D, the A note, and the D note. I think it sounds a little smoother anyways.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
u can get all major and minor chords with barre in barre u have to cover all strings
the most used barres kinda look like E, A or C
If you are talking about playing it up at the 2nd fret you strum the A string open along with the three strings you are pressing down imagine the nut as being your index finger for a barre chord. But it all depends on the music you are playing some songs are just A string open and index finger on the D string 2nd fret and you only hit those 2 strings but to play the full chord hit all the strings except the low E
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by steakyoung
^ on the d chord, I only strum the D, the G, and the B string, not the bottom note and string.

what about the e?

:P
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by RCO94
ok lets say your playing the A chord do you strum all the strings or just the 3 your holding down? i know this has gotta sound pretty noob but i am a noob so answere plz.

Assuming youre talking about the chord x02220 its most common to play every string except the low E.
You could play just the 3 youre holding down (xx222x) that would still be an A major chord it just doesnt sound as full.
As i sais, the most common way to play it is with every string except the low E, playing it including the low E would make it an A/E chord.