I'm looking for new pickups and I'm gonna go with DiMarzios and I noticed some are bridge pickups and some are neck. Just to be sure, the bridge pickups are the ones closest to the bridge and vice versa correct? (I know, might sound like a dumb question but I just wanna be sure)
yes
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
The bridge pickup, like you said is the one closest to the bridge, while the neck pickup is the one closest to the neck (pretty simple).

Also, you should check whether our guitar needs F spaced pickups.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Phoenix322
How would I go about doing that?

Well, the hard way would be doing some measuring, but all most all manufacturers have spec sheets listed on their web site. Also, see if anyone who owns the same guitar has replaced the pickups and ask them.
It's an ESP LTD KH-203. I don't know anyone who has the same guitar I do, but I'll try to look around on their site and other places.
You'd probably need F-Spaced pickups since it has a trem.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ESP's site doesn't say much about it.

Next to pickups it says: EMG-ESP LH-300 Set

Hard to find info on F space pickups...Most results are just where to buy them.
Quote by Phoenix322
ESP's site doesn't say much about it.

Next to pickups it says: EMG-ESP LH-300 Set

Hard to find info on F space pickups...Most results are just where to buy them.

Like mentioned above, given that it has a trem, they will most likely be F spaced. Another way of checking is to look at other LTD guitars with the same bridge and to see what pickups they have.
It seems most ESPs use EMGs. I guess I'll just have to ask next time I go to my local guitar shop.
Quote by Phoenix322
It seems most ESPs use EMGs. I guess I'll just have to ask next time I go to my local guitar shop.

You could do that, but I'm almost certain they're F spaced, certain enough to bet your left pinky.

lmao. Ok, if they don't fit I'm gonna hunt you down and take yours while you're sleeping lol
Quote by Phoenix322
lmao. Ok, if they don't fit I'm gonna hunt you down and take yours while you're sleeping lol

I said I was certain enough to bet your pinky , so you'd have to hunt yourself down while you're sleeping, although that could be a problem...
Quote by Phoenix322
I know you said mine, but I'm gonna need another one if mine is gone right?

I dare you! Believe me, you're not the first one that will try to take my pinky...
F-spaced pickups are the same size, they just have wider pole piece spacing.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
F-spaced pickups are the same size, they just have wider pole piece spacing.

Which is what makes it more difficult, because a non F-spaced will comfortably fit in an F-space cavity, so size isn't a good way of identifying this.

You should make sure if you're getting your new pickups that the pole pieces are positioned directly under the corresponding string. In other words, the strings should travel over the pole pieces pretty much in their (the pole pieces') middle.

The difference in sound when you use the wrong ones isn't huge, but it is there, so it's definitely worth it to make sure you get the right set.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 29, 2007,
F-spaced in the bridge only man : )

regular in the neck (on most tremolo's)