So i've been learning guitar for 1,5 months (with a teacher) now and i just want to know how well i'm doing
I know all pentatoonic shapes
1 Phrygian shape
two octave major, minor (mel&harm) scales and major scale in p.4
A-G major, minor, 7th, major 7th, minor 7th, Diminished chords
cramatic (don't know how to write in english lol)
a bit of octaves , i can find octaves a bit
i can read a bit from the note
I know how to improvise only a lil. but darn good for only one chord placed songs like the start of pink floyd - wish u where here or metallica - fade to black
and i've learned a few songs
btw....how long did u guys learn to improvise well/good? i'm half way there and i want to know if i learn fast or something.
Thank u
oh yeah...and i play SOAD songs easy even BYOB easy stuff (maybe u can rate my 1,5 month ability lol)
Over and out: Ibarshall_X
That alot for only one and a half months.
Improvising skill usually depends on the person. Some are terrible at it, and others can do it right after learning a scale.

How much you know isn't as important to how well you can play the things you know. Quality before quantity.
My gear- 1979 Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
1967 Ampeg Gemini I
Boss Blues Driver
Big Muff Pi (80s)
You're doing great so far. It's spelled chromatic by the way . You won't learn to improvise yet until you understand musical concepts and have a well-trained ear. IT will take a few years, You won't magically start writing your own licks and you won't be able to play a song by the way it sounds yet. It willcome, but for now, just keep practicing what you're doing and learn some fun songs.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
i was hopig for that answer . it's great to hear that i'm doing great .
btw...i've written 2 songs allready and i've made a solo for a song that i found from ''GUITAR TECHNIQUES''
i've been learning music for 8 years but iv'e taken it seriously for only 3 years lol.
so i think my ear is well trained
the problem is that i have many solo ideas in my head but i don't know how to play em lol i think that requires teqhnique and skill
but i still i think i'm bad lol... though i practice atleast 3 hours a day . but i'm so up to my neck with piano lessons, solfedgio and guitar lessons that i can only practice on mondays, wednesdays, fridays, saturdays and sundays....i would happily practice more...but i also have to practice piano
Being able to transfer ideas from you head to the guitar isn't really a matter of technique; it's all in experience: you have to know your way around the instrument quite well to just be able to play something you thought of only seconds ago.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah.. keep it coming mate =)

you're good
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
how can i make my improvising skills better? anyone know any kind of lessons or something?
I don't think it's something you can learn by reading a lesson. I would just put on some music and try to play some scales over it. If you do this, you will gradually learn wich combination of scales/notes works best for that particular music. And if you want to be really good at improvising: do this ALOT.
k...the last two days i have been trying to improvise to ''fade to black''
pretty good, gotta say
every time something new