well, i was goin into some back alley pawn shop the other day, and i think they have made a massive mistake pricing a guitar.

there was a really old telecaster MIA i think, metallic red, old fender bridge ( saddles looked almost like ball bearings and didnt look to have any way of changing intonation). it also had an old time thin fender headstock, but the bit that got me is that it said fender stratocaster not telecaster.

is this soem really ealy model worth an absolute fortune, or is it just a f*cked up guitar with the wrong spare part put on it?

any help appreciated.

"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Check the serial number.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I've never heard of a Tele saying Stratocaster on the headstock; mind you, I'm not a vintage Fender expert, but still. There are a few Tele models that have strat style headstocks, but I'm pretty sure they don't say Stratocaster on the logo.

Also, keep in mind that most people and especially pawn shops have at least a small notion of what they're saying. Maybe not when it's lying around the attic, but as soon as it goes on sale they try to look it up, so finding a bargain can be quite hard.

However, even if it is a guitar constructed from spare parts, even a vintage scratchplate can bring in an astounding amount of money, so if it's not too expensive, it might be a good idea.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
they were selling it for £195, but the demon woman who worked in the pawn shop wouldnt let me touch it. so i dont know how it feels/sounds.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
maybe the previous owner just replaced the tele neck with a strat neck because he/she liked strat necks more. but yeah dunno tbh.
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
Quote by permanentmarker
they were selling it for £195, but the demon woman who worked in the pawn shop wouldnt let me touch it. so i dont know how it feels/sounds.

Well, even if it just has a vintage neck, that might be a good investment, but do your research.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I'd say just take it down and play it anyway. If she gets mad, aks why you would want to buy a guitar that you haven't played.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!