So last week I was in New York, being from the UK I figured I would pick up a new guitar while im over there since it is usually cheaper. I wanted to go to Rudys and Mannys Music Shop since they have been recommended to me several times.

Unfortunatly Rudys was closed and Mannys didnt quite have what I was after, however Sam Ash across the road did. I picked up a AWD83 full spec here: http://www.ibanez.com/hollow/guitar.aspx?m=AWD83

I am fairly happy with it. Just wondered if anyone else has experience with it ?

Ill post some pics tomorrow, im too tired to charge the camera and such now only got of the plane 4 hours ago.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Those other stores aren't that cool; Matt Umanov is where it's at (plus they gave me a free shirt, which I'm wearing right now, so I'm obliged to say that their shop is where it's at!)

Seriously though, that store's great.

Did you get a chance to visit the Music Zoo and the Guitar Asylum on Long Island?

Anyway, Ibanez hollowbodies are amazing. I've played a few of them and they were all great; nice tone, good quality control and setup and they even looked kickass.

Also, I love the shape of yours, it's so, well, elegant I guess.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Those other stores aren't that cool; Matt Umanov is where it's at (plus they gave me a free shirt, which I'm wearing right now, so I'm obliged to say that their shop is where it's at!)

Seriously though, that store's great.

Did you get a chance to visit the Music Zoo and the Guitar Asylum on Long Island?

Anyway, Ibanez hollowbodies are amazing. I've played a few of them and they were all great; nice tone, good quality control and setup and they even looked kickass.

Also, I love the shape of yours, it's so, well, elegant I guess.

No I did go past the Music Zoo at some point but didnt have chance to go in, and I never got to Long Island.

The main thing that attracted me to this is the tone. I wanted a hollowbody with warm tone this is perfect for what I was after. It is on .10's at the moment, I am more used to .09's so I may get it setup with .09's instead but apart from that it is beautiful.

The only thing I would say about the shape is that although it is elegant, it isnt the most efficient form for amplifying the sound, so as an acoustic it isnt as good as the more fuller form semi-hollows. But since 95% of the time I will be using this through an amp it isnt a big problem for me, besides which the larger semi-hollows I find far to combersome.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT