from what i know, china is under the impression that they have the right to rule tibet, so they get angry when anyone meets officially with the dalai llama because it makes it seem like tibet is their own country (which china says they are not)

its gonna be funny though, tibet is going to declare independence from china right before the olympics in china, and china will be so worried about its public image, that it wont be able to respond militarily

at least thats what ive picked up about it all
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

Man, china needs to get laid.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah. They were pissed off at the United States also because the US decided to honour the Dalai Lama somehow... don't know the complete details, though!
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
from what i remember from international law classes

Tibet and China have always had a reciprocal relationship, to the point where the leader of tibet was the spiritual advisor to the chinese rulers during one of the chinese dynasties, basically china would aid tibet if tibet was attacked by the mongols and tibet would be a willing ally in economic and spiritual matters

at somepoint in the 19th or 20th century (i believe it was the 20th after the communist revolution in china) China had taken over tibet claiming it to be property and territory of the chinese government, chasing the dalai lama out of his country and treating the people of tibet like indentured servants

one of the monks who spent time in a chinese prison wrote a book on his experiences, its pretty heavy stuff, i read it in first year history

but yeah anyone who communicates with the dalai lama and honours him as a head of state pisses off china because as far as they're concerned tibet belongs to china, and thus is under chinese rule, thus no one else should be treated as the head of state of tibet
Quote by tjdjr09
its gonna be funny though, tibet is going to declare independence from china right before the olympics in china, and china will be so worried about its public image, that it wont be able to respond militarily

they won't have to respond because they have a part of their military stationed there and no country in the western world is brave enough to support tibet against china
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot