i dont. its harder to play it clean and separate all the notes. they always ring out together when i do that.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i do but i have a problem with it ringing out but if i play them seperate i get hrmonics i dont want occasionaly and its a little more difficult its all in your playing style i guess
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

I do, it's a lot easier to play that way
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i usually dont.. but my teacher taught me that i should. probably because its the root note that helps it along, but thats probably only necessary when you play alone
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
i used to do in in the intro but i dont anymore, sounds better if you dont and can be heard more at higher volumes, i do bar the 12 on the first set of notes on the chorus because of the way i play it would be hard the hit the 2nd then 3rd then 4th string on the 12 fret right after each other
No, I try to separate every note as much as possible so it sounds smooth, but the notes don't bleed into each other.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I barre it sometimes. Mostly just in Hendrix songs. But in G'NR not so much.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by mick13
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DEEcaB2-X7E

is slash barring at 9 seconds?

Doesn't look like it, he just doesn't move his around much during the intro, probaly because he's trying to concentrate.

Slash has confessed to hating this song, because he could never play it when drunk. Also, notice how he is turned away from the audience and barely moves during the intro.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
the opening always confuses me. Its not that is difficult, its not that the first note changes, its just playing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over gets me. If you lose focus you'll mess the whole thing up.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
nay
*ESP Viper 400 (Olympic White)
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Burns Red Special Replica (original colours)
*Marshall MG10CD
*Vox 10watt preamp (for creating Brian May replica sounds)
*Fender Squire Strat (red w/ white scratch plate) - My 1st
I've always thought the difficulty of the intro is overhyped. The solo's are difficult, the intro is not.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i dunno... i don't think it's that hard to do it without barring. it sounds better when u don't bar.

wtf. in that vid. slash plays like he's completely tone deaf... the little bridge-ish parts are just... awful...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Paith
the opening always confuses me. Its not that is difficult, its not that the first note changes, its just playing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over gets me. If you lose focus you'll mess the whole thing up.

That's was kind of the point originally. He started playing it as a practise exercise and it somehow got pulled into a song. It's one of the reasons he doesn't like it, he he can't believe some dumb finger training exercise became one of the most recognisable licks in history.

Personally I don't bar as the the notes need to played seperately. I have started to use my ring finger to bar at the 14th fret at the end of the lick as thats a little easier than pulling the pinky back from the 15 to 14 fret on the e.
I do it.I like the sustain of other strings
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
yeh i've hear that thats one of the songs that he hates the most to play because alot of concentration is needed to play it.. but i have to agree with some people here that its not really that hard to do it... its one of the few thigns that i can do well on a guitar
5 years of playing, and I've never played it

*dashes off to learn it*

No. 12th fret barre on that confuses my fingers.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.