I play really well when sitting, but while standing everything goes wrong. I where my strap at around waist length but when i go to play a solo i feel like my hand is being strained and twisted up and the whole thing turns into slop. i keep my strap at around waist level and thats the most comfortable position for it. Any lower and all of my playing turns to crap. Any higher, though it does help my soloing, my pick hand begins to feel strained. any suggestions?
wear your guitar higher

problem solved
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by Kankuro
^ +1

+2
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I get the same thing, I mean the easy answer is just sit while you play, but the hard one, if this is what you want, would be to practice standing for a while, personally I hate it, so I don't even bother standing, I think I look and sound better when I sit.
practice standing up more. thats just what you have to do to ever feel comfortable.
PWning N00bs Today!
Quote by RageAgainst...
wear your guitar higher

problem solved

agreed...sure...it may not "look cool" but you dont need to look cool if you shred like a demon
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
when i wear my strap higher my pickhand gets all funky and it feels like i have to hold my arm in a much more strained way.
yeah a higher guitar is what you need to do. if you think you look stupid then gradually lower it after you're comfortable at the certain length. you pretty much can't sit and play live so its something you'll have to get used to.
Standing fucking sucks

Play higher.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
when i wear my strap higher my pickhand gets all funky and it feels like i have to hold my arm in a much more strained way.
funky?

start practicing while standing up more often and it'll become more comfortable
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
yeah i have a similar problem, i used to play all sitting down in my room, but was forced to stand at practice, i.e. i sucked. just wear you guitar a little high like the beatles would, to sort of simulate you sitting down, and then gradually lower it down to the position you want as you become accustomed to the feel for it.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by sowhat360
yeah a higher guitar is what you need to do. if you think you look stupid then gradually lower it after you're comfortable at the certain length. you pretty much can't sit and play live so its something you'll have to get used to.

Its not that i think it looks stupid, its just really uncomfortable. I dunno. I'm probably just making a big deal out of nothing
I feel alot more comfortable playing standing because thats how I practise. Sitting feels awkward when playing sometimes nowadays.
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
Am I the only one that can play just as well standing as sitting? I mean I only practice sitting and havent stood while playing guitar much at all, but I just dont see a difference.