Not been on for a bit, and i havent given up on guitar, took a few months but got two songs sounding nice, hey there delilah - plain white tee's and johnny cash - i walk the line (my fave song atm) 2 fairly easy songs to play but both sound good in my opinion anyways got to ask as im kind of struggeling, has anyone got any tips on:
A) practicing chords, the movement from one to another quick enough to play etc
B) Advice on teaching an 11 year old lol i know im not the best to do it but my brother intends to learn and hoping i'll be able to help, any tips? thanks
Practise slids with chords, from say E)5 to say E)7 over and over again.B teach your brother the basics like chords, the penatonic scales,parts of the guitar( if hes a beginer) and simple songs like 7 nation army-the white stripes, wild thing-the troggs and smells like teen spirit-Nirvana.
Extendedp enatonic scales are a great for learning where the notes are on the fretboard. Whatever you teach the little one, be sure learns something fun and easy to play...ie a simple blues shuffle E A B. Be sure that the little one counts out loud to help with timing.
Quote by fiery rock
Not been on for a bit, and i havent given up on guitar, took a few months but got two songs sounding nice, hey there delilah - plain white tee's and johnny cash - i walk the line (my fave song atm) 2 fairly easy songs to play but both sound good in my opinion anyways got to ask as im kind of struggeling, has anyone got any tips on:
A) practicing chords, the movement from one to another quick enough to play etc
B) Advice on teaching an 11 year old lol i know im not the best to do it but my brother intends to learn and hoping i'll be able to help, any tips? thanks

a) get yourself a metronome and a list of chord progressions. With each beat (or every four beats, whatever), change chords. Increase your speed until you are satisfied.

b) i've never really taught anyone before, but if what you did for yourself worked, perhaps start there?
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)