hey guys, i found this cheap guitar company today, called agile.

they had 300-400$ guitars with all the bells and whistles of a 700-800$ guitar!!!

was just wondering if anyone had tried any of these and what you thought of them?
i think, from a general impression of what people on here think, agiles are actually quite good. i've never played one myself though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
can anyone else share some info, i saw a really nice guitar for 350$ on the site with a mahogany body and set neck!! and passive EMGS
agile makes really good quality les paul copies.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
agiles make some of the best guitars around (best bang for buck). I would take one over an epiphone any day. AWESOME customer service. I recomend one for sure. One thing though, resale isn't so great on them, but if you like them as much as everyone else you wont want to sell it.
People try to put us d-down Talkin' 'bout my generation
Just because we get around Talkin' 'bout my generation
Things they do look awful c-c-cold Talkin' 'bout my generation
I hope I die before I get old Talkin' 'bout my generation
the thing is, the price almost seems to good to be true......how do they compare to actual epiphones?? are they better??

they had a few ibanez copies, i play metal so im more into that, does this look like a good choice??

http://www.rondomusic.com/ps970amber.html

looks like a schecter copy to me, but beautiful guitar, i just dont want to buy a piece of crap. How does the guitar look for the price??

thanks all!!!
I have never played them, but I dont like how they look...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I have one of their AL 2000s and I love it. Plays awesome and only costs a little over 200 shipped.
i like that guitar and their LP copies are beautiful, anymore insight, thanks

-otniel
Quote by matt31
I have one of their AL 2000s and I love it. Plays awesome and only costs a little over 200 shipped.

what pricerange of guitars does the one compete with??
Agiles used to be very popular here (one of those bandwagons like the current peavy classic one), i've read many times here they seem to be better then epiphone.
I have heard conflicting reports- and the fly in the ointment is these conflicting reports are from people I trust. So I really have no idea, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The low end ones are pretty rubbish, but good for a quick mess about.
However the more expensive ones are high quality and I would take one of the AL-3000 over any Epiphone (minus the Elist ones obviously).
i saw this sweet 7 string with a transparent green top, mahogony body i think, emg pickups, licensed floyd rose all for like 400 dollars. it certainly would be worth checking out or having a music shop order one so you could check it out. then if you don't like it.. the music shop'll sell it.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
i cannot comment on the agiles, but for these types of companies, be sure to also check out dillion, michael kelly, and alex chase.

EDIT: and malden.

they all have a reputation for making very high quality imported guitars.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by bjackson369
Anyone know about these models?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1328.html

I'm very interested...

just looking for some input considering I've never played any guitars from this company.

im so gonna favorite that and it's going to be the next guitar i buy.... omg it's the
total sex
Tokai are awesome.

Japanese Brands that rock!!!!!

Ibanez
ESP
Tokai
Godin (think its jap)
Greco
Edwards (made in jap anyway)
Ferndanez
Agile

I would stay away from any agiles with floating bridges though!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by Metal_Injection
Tokai are awesome.

Japanese Brands that rock!!!!!

Ibanez
ESP
Tokai
Godin (think its jap)
Greco
Edwards (made in jap anyway)
Ferndanez
Agile

I would stay away from any agiles with floating bridges though!!

godin is canadian.
fernandes with an S.
edwards is ESP.
and i dont think agile is japanese.

korea is putting out nice guitars nowadays too.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Up until several weeks ago I never even heard of Agile or SX guitars. I saw they got really good reviews here but wanted to try them out. The only place I knew that sold them is local but no longer has a showroom where you could get your hands on one. I was lucky when the guitar show came to Boston a few dealers had some I could try and I was really happy with the brands. Both sounded nice were well constructed and were priced reasonable. When the show was here I didn't have any dough to buy a guitar and I was looking for several parts I needed to complete a few projects I have going. I wish I picked up one now. I have been keeping an eye out on Ebay for a used Agile Explorer type.

I would have no problem recommending an Agile to anyone.

John
Quote by staticoverdub
godin is canadian.
fernandes with an S.
edwards is ESP.
and i dont think agile is japanese.

korea is putting out nice guitars nowadays too.

+1

agile is korean. i think. certainly not japanese.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?