Alright so i've been playing every guitar that i can get my hands on. and i think it's really coming down to just a few guitars.

But first my price range is $400 USD. And i really play a lot of SRV, John Mayer, Zeppelin, Hendrix, just blues rock kind of stuff. I do play a bit of shred every once in a while but it's not really a big part of my playing style. I don't play any heavy metal stuff either.

I have pretty much just narrowed my selections down to either a Fender MIM Telecaster or a MIM Stratocaster.

I don't really care for tremelos at all. And the HSS strat is alright, but i don't feel that i need the humbucker. My amp now is a vox valvetronix but for christmas i am getting a fender blues junior =D.

So just any imput would be helpful.

EDIT: And Oh yeah i don't really care for les paul or sg necks. they just don't feel right too me.
Last edited by BoldasVai at Oct 29, 2007,
imma go with the strat

purely cosmetic reason, i dislike the tele shape
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
teleeeee

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Well, the people you listed are mostly Statocaster users, so if those are the tones your looking for, go for that one.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with a nice MIM Telecaster, too.

Both of these guitars will suit you just fine, but there are more differences between these two than the amount of pickups and twang.

Since you're going to try them out, I would simply advise you to take both of them and to try them out until you start to notice something you might not like about one of them, sound or playabillity wise.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Don't trust what anybody says. They have their opinions and you need to make your own. Go to a store and mess around with them, on an amp that you have that they have in the store. This is how you will really get the guitar you love
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by JohnnyPaul
Don't trust what anybody says. They have their opinions and you need to make your own. Go to a store and mess around with them, on an amp that you have that they have in the store. This is how you will really get the guitar you love

Isn't that the main point of my post?

Also, to say their opinions don't matter isn't exactly true; of course you should pick the guitar you like, but in some cases one guitar seems very unsuitable for that particular player or one of the guitars listed has been plagued with quality related issues.

This isn't the case here, but still other peoples opinions can be important, hence there is an Electric Guitar forum where you can ask these questions.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 29, 2007,
Most of the people that you listed are strat players, so I'm going to suggest a strat

Quote by Storm_Bringer_
imma go with the strat

purely cosmetic reason, i dislike the tele shape

Useless post #1.

Quote by deafening
teleeeee

Useless post #2.

Quote by guitar_freak523
tele

Useless post #3.

(and you spelled Canada wrong )

Quote by rock_and_blues
definetly the telecaster

Useless post #4.

All of you should go away.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yeah i love the strat but the tremelo is what is holding me back. i've just always had bad experiences with them.

but it would fit my style better than the telecaster probably. i do like how the telecaster looks though and i love the twang it has too haha.

i just really can't decide.
Quote by BoldasVai
yeah i love the strat but the tremelo is what is holding me back. i've just always had bad experiences with them.

but it would fit my style better than the telecaster probably. i do like how the telecaster looks though and i love the twang it has too haha.

Like I said, just try them until you find some flaws with one of them.

By the way, the trem on the strat can be blocked without much difficulty.

I installed two more springs on my statocaster and then tuned the strings down, so now it just sits on the body, making it pretty much a hardtail.
Quote by BoldasVai

You don't have to use the trem .

If you love the tone from the tele, why not?

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Radagascar
Agile, AL3000.

www.rondomusic.com, guitars, 8th page or so.

:>

The TS says he doesn't like Les Pauls, so a Les Paul copy, might not be such a good idea.
yeah les pauls just aren't for me.

thanks though.

and bonsaischaap thanks a lot for all the help.

i may just put that extra spring in a strat and go with that.
You should check out those Agiles, though. there's several Tele and Strat types on that site.....

EDIT: here's a couple I just found (the more expensive ones)

http://www.rondomusic.com/st1000.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/st802w.html

^Both Strats.

http://www.rondomusic.com/tc730.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/AgileTC6302ts.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/tc630doublewhite.html

^Teles.

http://www.rondomusic.com/harm3semi.html

^And this one. Not quite sure what it is (looks kinda like a Rickenbacker), but maybe you'd like it?
Last edited by Wulver at Oct 29, 2007,
Try to find every problem you can with both guitars while your trying them out, be as Pessimistic as Possible. and eventually youll realize which one isnt right for you.