anyone know this movie inside out?
if so, i have to write a 1500 word essay based on 2 scenes (aprox. 5mins long) or ONE 10min scene in this film that defines it's genre.
im having trouble picking the scenes, can anyone help?
its not as easy as i thought it would be for say spiderman where the scenes are pretty obvious.

help anyone? thanks in advance!
How about where he's training with Liam Neeson in the mountains then when he's going after the train in Gotham?
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
You have to write an essay on Batman... 1500 words?... Batman...

My god I wish I was you. But no I haven't seen it.
I've seen it, but I don't know much about it.

However, I do know that if the ninjas in the movie were real ninjas, it would've been called Batman Ends
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
hmmm i was thinking about that scene but it doesnt really define the superhero genre as well as say - spiderman where he gets bitten by a spider and then you see his DNA alter as well as effects.

but if thats a relatively decent scene then i might go for it
^ Well you might have to. Well another scene that depicts him becoming a hero would be the murder of his parents, his training, and him fighting as Batman, edited into a 10 minute movie.
666 BRO
Quote by oskar_guitar
hmmm i was thinking about that scene but it doesnt really define the superhero genre as well as say - spiderman where he gets bitten by a spider and then you see his DNA alter as well as effects.

but if thats a relatively decent scene then i might go for it

Well Batman isn't really the film you want if you're looking for REAL superheroes, you'd be better off looking at X-Men, Spiderman or the Fantastic Four but if it's not your choice then atleast the training scene shows how he learnt to fight.

Quote by Duffman123

True story.
it is if your looking at the conventions, seeing as it shares almost all of the same as the films you mentioned.
but learning to fight could be from any genre, are you sure there arent any scenes in particular that show off the superhero genre?
^ Well as Seanula said, Batman isn't your typical hero. His "powers" come from intense training and intelligence. Training with Ninjas is about the best you're going to get. :\
666 BRO
Batman begins isn't a 'true' superhero film. It's about just a normal man, at the peak of physical fitness, using technology to fight crime. The whole thing about 'using fear against those who prey on the fearful' thing should come into it too.

Show some righteous villain-beating (without any superpower stuff), some of the fear elements and the use of technology. That's what I'd do anyway.

I must say though, an essay...on Batman!

God, I envy you.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
^ yeh i see what you mean, i just read your comment previously and its pretty clear now lol, his training depicts his past as well as mentions about his dead parents but also depicts what he'll need to fight crime.
and then him fighting as batman will help introduce some more conventions on stuff like atmosphere, setting, themes, stff like that

thanks for the help btw much appreciated!
Quote by oskar_guitar
it is if your looking at the conventions, seeing as it shares almost all of the same as the films you mentioned.
but learning to fight could be from any genre, are you sure there arent any scenes in particular that show off the superhero genre?

Well the other films I mentioned all show how the hero gets his power whereas, like Kankuro said, Batman doesn't have any real powers so it doesn't really fit into the superhero genre as far as superpowers are concerned. The best he'll get is either the training or the ending where he fights off the crazy people and goes after the train.

Quote by Duffman123

True story.
The oh-so-familiar scene where you find out

1. Who the bad guy really is

and

2. That he really loves the girl or whatever

PS I've never seen the moive, just ogin by the stereotypes of the action-comic movie genre =]
Quote by oskar_guitar
^ yeh i see what you mean, i just read your comment previously and its pretty clear now lol, his training depicts his past as well as mentions about his dead parents but also depicts what he'll need to fight crime.
and then him fighting as batman will help introduce some more conventions on stuff like atmosphere, setting, themes, stff like that

thanks for the help btw much appreciated!

Does it have to be on Batman or can it be any Superhero? You'll probably be able to find more to write about if you were to look at X-men. Mainly 'cause apart from Batman I'm not a DC Comics fan

Quote by Duffman123

True story.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost

I must say though, an essay...on Batman!

God, I envy you.

well thats what comes when you pick a generally easy subject like film studies for A levels
Quote by Count Seanula
Does it have to be on Batman or can it be any Superhero? You'll probably be able to find more to write about if you were to look at X-men. Mainly 'cause apart from Batman I'm not a DC Comics fan

erm, i probably might be able to change, thing is ive already said what film im gunna do, but thinking about it, i wouldnt want to do one that would seem too easy and obvious - i dunno might result in a not so good mark
Quote by oskar_guitar
erm, i probably might be able to change, thing is ive already said what film im gunna do, but thinking about it, i wouldnt want to do one that would seem too easy and obvious - i dunno might result in a not so good mark

Well I'm just thinking that doing a Superhero film with characters who have o develop superpowers you can compare how different films have different ways of getting the main characters to ge their power but I don't do Film Studies so I don't know haha. Good luck anyway

Quote by Duffman123

True story.
Quote by Count Seanula
How about where he's training with Liam Neeson in the mountains then when he's going after the train in Gotham?

I'd go for this, you could write 10000000 words on this. But then that's because most essays are easy, just pick the details apart to unnecessary levels and make obscure references to everything.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by oskar_guitar
yeh i see what your saying, ill see how it goes - hopefully well but thanks for all the help

I have a mint idea, you could compare Liam Neesons character in Batman Begins to Qui Gon Jinn

Quote by Duffman123

True story.
Du na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!

26 words right there.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
You doing your AS Film Studies macro elements essay? I'm trying to do mine, but failing miserably, lol!
Quote by Count Seanula
Well Batman isn't really the film you want if you're looking for REAL superheroes, you'd be better off looking at X-Men, Spiderman or the Fantastic Four but if it's not your choice then atleast the training scene shows how he learnt to fight.

Batman is a REAL Superhero.

He utilizes his brilliant mind to push the boundaries of crime-fighting.

IF thats not a superhero, then nothing is.

/Batman fanboy
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Batman is not your typical superhero, he doesnt really posses powers

If I was you I would pick the first fantastic 4 movie..the scene where they all get the weird radiation its pretty defining

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Batman is a REAL Superhero.

He utilizes his brilliant mind to push the boundaries of crime-fighting.

IF thats not a superhero, then nothing is.

/Batman fanboy
I like Batman (it's possibly the only good thing DC Comics have done) but he's just a guy with a lot of technology. He's a hero, not a SUPERHERO like the ones I mentioned.

Quote by Duffman123

True story.