I traded a marshall vs265 for a marshall mg100 hdfx...
i made the trade during the summer and i've progressed alot as a musician. it took me about 2 months but i woke up this morning, turned on the amp, played an A power chord and i realized...this is the worst thing i have ever heard, now i'm stuck with it, i was stupid and rushed the deal i never researched or anything...i feel so...used

anyways...what should i do with it? besides burning it, etc.

i don't think i could be cruel enough to sell it to someone else

so any ideas?
Quote by sobrandnew2232
i don't think i could be cruel enough to sell it to someone else

Unfortunately, it is the only way...just make sure it's someone really arrogant. Then it balances out the cruelty.

Sell it and get a nice valve combo. You'll be impressed by the tone
Quote by SylvaShredder
Learn from the experience and don't do it again my friend

oh don't worry about that...
i'm actually purchasing a fender hot rod deluxe next week
Quote by chris_libby_88
sell it for twice what its worth to a naive mentally handicapped kid with rich parents that dont know any better....muahahah!! MUAHAHAHHA!!!!

haha...that reminds me of dumb and dumber
Quote by chris_libby_88
sell it for twice what its worth to a naive mentally handicapped kid with rich parents that dont know any better....muahahah!! MUAHAHAHHA!!!!

Thats just really harsh.

TS, Accept that you only stepped down a from a VS to a MG, it's not to much of a big drop, but try getting some store credit with it somewhere?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by The Real Ming
Donate it, so underpriveledged children get the chance to play music. This is a serious statement, I've done it with two amps a guitar already.

You are one awesome person, just because of that.
Quote by Denthúl
You are one awesome person, just because of that.

exactly my thoughts.

kudos to you ,The Real Ming.
i really don't know how to explain the tone i want so i'll post a link to a band whose guitars are exactly what i want to sound like:

myspace.com/rocketboys
best example is the song: "Do I Wake Or Sleep"
they just have a real "crisp" sound, don't know how else to describe it...
Quote by chris_libby_88

Wouldn't that be taking advantage of someone else, just as it happened to the threadstarter, not saying his parents are rich and he's stupid or anything.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i have a similar story like that. i had one of those marshall ms's and i desperately wanted an amp. when i went to the guitar center and they didn't have what i wanted i bought an amp for the price. it was a marshall mg. i thought it was good at first,but i soon developed an ear for tone and hated it. just sell it to someone online or craigslist it.