I think I got a good deal on a new bass from Guitar Center of all places. They were having their end of year clearance this past weekend and I was looking at Schecter bases.

I ended up buying an Elite-4, which they normally sell for $599, for $462. It was one of the ones hanging on their wall, but the guy said it was the last one they had and it was only placed on the wall this past week, so was bearly used as a demo. He even played it a bit and said it was perfectly setup, which isn't the case on heavilly played wall units. It looked brand new, and didn't have any of the wear you see on wall demos, so I bought it.

It sounded like a great deal, but want to make sure I am not missing something, like is this a discontinued model or something like that? I still have the option of returning it, so want to make sure I scored a decent deal and didn't get played for a fool.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Money-wise, yes you probably did OK. Do you like the bass? Did you play it? Does it feel good from a playability standpoint and is the tone right for what type of music you play.

If the answer is yes to all of the above then you've made the right purchase and saved some cash. Congrats on your new bass!
GC will blow a goat to sell you a guitar

remember that
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
lol, dont think I would have them go that far, but might be fun to see if they would...hehe

Ya, I played the bass, liked it better than others in it's price range. Currently banging on a cheap-o Rogue bass, so this is a major upgrade. Now time to pimp it out with gold strings...=P
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
GC will blow a goat to sell you a guitar

remember that

yep

they always lower the prices if you haggle, even if its not a sale
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Hot damn, I didn't even have to talk to him and he bought a Schecter. How my powers grow.

Yes, you got a very good deal, hell,. I got a great deal when I paid $530 (tax included) so you even beat me. Its not discontinued, its still the posterchild of the Stiletto line and its still my favorite (and most often pushed) bass in existance. So long as you like it, you could not have gotten a better deal. The only question is what color? And also, does it have a single diamond 12th fret inlay and color-matching headstock, or does it have a double-diamond 12th fret inlay and black headstock? The only differences between these to versions are those cosmetic differences, but the black headstock/double diamond is the older version. Its possible if its the older on that would be why it was so cheap. Either way you still ahve the same great bass, it just looks a little bit different.

Wait for it...........

Wait for it...............

Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by Fett13
Hot damn, I didn't even have to talk to him and he bought a Schecter. How my powers grow.

Yes, you got a very good deal, hell,. I got a great deal when I paid $530 (tax included) so you even beat me. Its not discontinued, its still the posterchild of the Stiletto line and its still my favorite (and most often pushed) bass in existance. So long as you like it, you could not have gotten a better deal. The only question is what color? And also, does it have a single diamond 12th fret inlay and color-matching headstock, or does it have a double-diamond 12th fret inlay and black headstock? The only differences between these to versions are those cosmetic differences, but the black headstock/double diamond is the older version. Its possible if its the older on that would be why it was so cheap. Either way you still ahve the same great bass, it just looks a little bit different.

Wait for it...........

Ok TS, its official. You've done well.
I would have to check the 12th fret inlay and headstock when I get back home, but I have to remove screws to access the battery, no separate compartment, so I think it might be an 06 model, not the newer 07 as my 07 Hellraiser has a separate compartment where the 06 Hellraiser does not.
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
With the stilettos, the compartment is a plastic backing plate you do need to remove screws on, I've never seen it any other way whether on newer or older models. If it does have the black headstock/double diamond its something in the range of 2+ years old (I've been trying to narrow down when they made the change, but no luck yet)
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by Fett13

Wait for it...........

I love you!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Last edited by flyingmarlin at Oct 29, 2007,
I checked, I have the single diamond and matching head stock, so it's the newer model...
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp