Hi!

I know major pentatonic scale now pretty good, i can improvise with it fair enough to me, and my question is: should i now try to learn minor pentatonic scale and major scale?
And what's up with this scales that are half-step up or down are they ment to play with somesort different chords that are also half-step up or down?

Cheers
鋼の錬金術師
Yes
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
yes try minor in the key you leanred major in, then start to learn the pentatonic major and minor in different keys and can you expand on your explenation of half-step up or down, that could mean many different things
Isn't a scale just a formula of intervals? (with the root note deciding the key)
yes yul sound so much better pentatonic isnt that great of a scale for heavy sounding stuff either try learning a E minor and C major key.... it will help u alot more (and yah pple cliche keys but if hes just starting cmon)
Quote by Punkismygod
Hi!

I know major pentatonic scale now pretty good, i can improvise with it fair enough to me, and my question is: should i now try to learn minor pentatonic scale and major scale?
And what's up with this scales that are half-step up or down are they ment to play with somesort different chords that are also half-step up or down?

Cheers

if you know major pentatonic then it won't take you long to get the hang of the minor pentatonic. Just learn the relative minors. For instance G major's relative minor is E minor. So if the song is in E minor: the same notes you would play if it were in G major are fair game. You will however realize that your cadence's will be built differently to emphasize E rather than G.

And i think you might be referring to modes with your second question but I'm not sure.

I hope this helped