Ok I got this thing...Now what do I do with it.

No really. I have been goofing around trying various tabs with limited sucess. I guess I feel like I may not be going int he right direction. Not having any experience or knowledge about any of this stuff is leaving me a little confused....Are there any sort of basic drills or anything I should be doing? I am afraid I will start into bad habits befor eI get started....But I also dont want to waste hours a day on trying to memorize tabs for a song when there are other things that would be more beneficial to me.
You just start playing? id suggest lessons...just try some of the stuff here. or get lessons from a teacher.....learn EVERYTHING you can...try to learn like...all of the techniques...just play to be playing...lol...it takes practice...just practice good...I dunno others would be able to give you more tips.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Definition Of what "The Pit" is ^
start with chords...

G, A, Am, D and E/Em

you cna play a lot of songs with these.. and it's a great thing to start with
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
yeah, go with chords first, so you pick up rhythm, then you can worry about single notes later on.
Do chords, then learn easy stuff like Green Day, then move on to stuff like Metallica, and once youve got that, you can just keep learning at a good pace
find some acoustic songs or even AC/DC songs. they use open, simple chords that are pretty easy. And some Red Hot Chili Peppers songs are really easy as well.
Get lessons. If not then start with simple chords and work your way up.
Quote by qotsa1998
find some acoustic songs or even AC/DC songs. they use open, simple chords that are pretty easy. And some Red Hot Chili Peppers songs are really easy as well.

Go Go Californication and Under the Bridge..
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Definition Of what "The Pit" is ^