Miles Davis in his best days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TbrgIdm0E

Miles Davis later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGBPSx1Zxlo

Name some musicians who had some really bad later years....I mean, really bad.

I've heard many people say Metallica isn't as good as they used to be. But for the most part (judging fro a friend of mine), people don't think later Metallica is terrible, just not anywhere as good as they used to be (I'm talking to the fans, of course).
Axl Rose?... I still like his voice but he's too much of a dick for me and he looks like a mental patient...
Did someone say Stevie Wonder? I'm pretty convinced someone just said Stevie Wonder.

Also, the Who got pretty awful towards 'It's Hard'.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Metallica describes their next album as more like the old metallica. I hope it will be good. James voice is still awesome, St. Anger just sucked bad. It was like, a wannabe metallica meets system of a down meets bad recording and too loud drums. Just ****.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Someone slating St. Anger? Somebody pinch me!
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I dont get your point? Both seem good.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by PhantomNote
James voice is still awesome

Not on the new song i heard. Musically it was good but vocals were terrible
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by rorythefaggot
Someone slating St. Anger? Somebody pinch me!

Pinch Pinch...

Slash is worth mentioning. Flame me if you like but in my opinion he have burned his own career. The latest VR album is utter **** really... Contraband was pretty good but the next one was a step in the wrong direction and sounded very uninspired and boring.
Quote by x0rsist
I dont get your point? Both seem good.
Eh... I personally hated the last one. This thread is for you to name a musician you like that started making music you can't stand later in their career.
I have really nothing to contribute, just that I want to say "So What" is one of my favourite Miles Davis songs. Good pick!
Jaco Pastorius... a shame to lose such a talent in such a bad way .

Still my favourite bassist though.
poop
pretty much any band, theres no band thats been around for more than 5 years that hasnt gone downhill, its a curse, and its called money.
Metallica were never good, save for a few of their songs that Cliff Burton had a hand in.

But yeah, when music goes bad that generally sucks.
Quote by rush4life
I have really nothing to contribute, just that I want to say "So What" is one of my favourite Miles Davis songs. Good pick!
"Milestones" is another good one...also "Billy Boy".
Quote by Izz
Pinch Pinch...

Slash is worth mentioning. Flame me if you like but in my opinion he have burned his own career. The latest VR album is utter **** really... Contraband was pretty good but the next one was a step in the wrong direction and sounded very uninspired and boring.

Hes probably not as motivated as he was...so yeah...his stuff tuned down alot..:\ but yeah....if he was in the right environment and comfortable with his band like he was in GNR .... it would probably be better lol. I dont know lol...
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Definition Of what "The Pit" is ^
Ever heard the album Coda by Zep?
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Definatley soilwork. Their new album was pants.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by rokr4lif3
Hes probably not as motivated as he was...so yeah...his stuff tuned down alot..:\ but yeah....if he was in the right environment and comfortable with his band like he was in GNR .... it would probably be better lol. I dont know lol...

Yeah and maybe he needs Izzy. Izzy was the real brain behind GN'R. At least he laid a real solid ground in most songs and made it clear that Slash can focus on the solos as that is what he is good at. VR sounds too much like a punk band/ modern rock band.
Quote by jravolta
Ever heard the album Coda by Zep?
I suppose. I did think that "The Song Remains The Same" was a horrible live album for them.
Quote by Izz
Yeah and maybe he needs Izzy. Izzy was the real brain behind GN'R. At least he laid a real solid ground in most songs and made it clear that Slash can focus on the solos as that is what he is good at. VR sounds too much like a punk band/ modern rock band.

yeah izzy was great. and that scott guy dude...if i was slash i would have a constant itch to kick his face in lol...but thats just me...I cant stand that guy. I dont even know why... I mean... i listen to VR stuff...a few times just to see what slash and duff are up to....But too much of their stuff is mainstream sounding and it makes me sad
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Quote by rokr4lif3
yeah izzy was great. and that scott guy dude...if i was slash i would have a constant itch to kick his face in lol...but thats just me...I cant stand that guy. I dont even know why... I mean... i listen to VR stuff...a few times just to see what slash and duff are up to....But too much of their stuff is mainstream sounding and it makes me sad

Yeah. I see what you did there. Too me it feels like Slash is trying too much to escape his roots and his real music as I see it is GN'R. It's what made him famous and in GN'R he got all his famous tunes and solos... Now it feels like he just has to come up with something else to not be associated with GN'R.
Quote by Izz
Yeah. I see what you did there. Too me it feels like Slash is trying too much to escape his roots and his real music as I see it is GN'R. It's what made him famous and in GN'R he got all his famous tunes and solos... Now it feels like he just has to come up with something else to not be associated with GN'R.

Yeah...sometimes i think Slash needed GNR lol. But yeah... i agree with you. + 100 For knowing about slash and stuff ...but yeah...back on topic he isnt as great as he was at one point. In my opinion- VR wouldnt be where they are without slash and duff...they make that band in my eyes Lol. I still see Slash as a great guitarist and hes part of the reason i started in the first place...so...
Quote by Gunpowder

I learned about Miles and Coltrane from John Mayer's song 'Comfortable'. But I laughed so hard when I saw him in the second video, I don't know why. But I would have agree that the second one was a lot worse. Also, I find that many other artists do the same thing, but at the moment I can't think of any.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Children of Bodom's Are You Dead Yet? can't compare to their earlier work. It's not a terribly atrocious album... but its not nearly as good as before.

Go back to the pre HCDR days, CoB!!
LOL at some of the comments on the second Miles vid: "This song makes wanna tuck my balls between my legs and do some kind of unique dance."

I guess I feel that way about U2. After the Joshua Tree (my favorite) I gradually began losing interest save a song or two.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by Izz
Axl Rose?... I still like his voice but he's too much of a dick for me and he looks like a mental patient...

He should be one.

Oasis, especially Liam. He can't sing anymore.
Quote by PhantomNote
Metallica describes their next album as more like the old metallica. I hope it will be good. James voice is still awesome, St. Anger just sucked bad. It was like, a wannabe metallica meets system of a down meets bad recording and too loud drums. Just ****.

st. anger was their revenge for stealing their music, they were like "oh you bastards stealing muh music?, this is what you get when you dont buy cd's"
ugh... nirvanas dumbass punk stuff was amazing... but nevermind sucked
Billy Corgan
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
The Living End.

They've kinda sold out now and gone pretty pop. I bit like Green Day but just not the same level.

Meh, atleast they've still got the energy in there songs.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by PopNFresh07
Metallica were never good, save for a few of their songs that Cliff Burton had a hand in.

But yeah, when music goes bad that generally sucks.

Uninformed metallica basher.

On topic: i'd say green day. they had alot of songs that were sounding the same though, so they had to do something different eventually. and seeing as they got eolder and such...but compared to their best efforts, new album is dog****. i'm not even a fan of them either and i can still see this difference.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!