I don't get what's good about them. This isn't a hate thread or anything, but I listen to them and I just don't get it. If someone tells me their appeal maybe then I'll be able to like them. But right now I don't get them.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
if you like and understand the rough power of blues youll surely like their first albums, if not so try listen to Bare Trees(1972) , its magic, rock, melody and psychedelia

i can agree with you if you say from the early 70s on they made 99% tasteless bull****
im so afraid is a good song, live from the dance..well the entire dance album is wicked
Its a matter of opinion.

For me personally, its Stevie's vocals, John McVie's bass lines, Buckingham's fingerstyle guitar playing, and Fleetwoods drums... overall, solid band with great emotion.

I hope you were not listening to their 80's stuff. No one says you have to like them, but I think they put out great stuff prior to the 80's. Its classic rock for a reason, you will not find this type of band nowadays.
I heard Second Hand News on Rumours but I couldn't make it past that. I'll try again and maybe I'll like it.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
That was the 2nd song I ever learned. I didn't know they did it.
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
Rumours is one of the best selling albums of all time. cant argue with that.
Listen to their first albums with Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, and Danny Kirwan.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
They've been a good, solid band in everything they've done for over 40 years.
Personal favourites include Albatross and The Chain. Anyone who can roll out classic songs like them is entitled to criticise. The rest of us bow to such legendary bands.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'm ressurecting this mother because Fleetwood Mac are absolutely amazing and I can't believe they don't get more love on this site. Anyone who wants to work on their finger picking can learn a thing or two from Lindsey.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Saw them a while ago actually, they put on an amazing show. I won't lie, I thought it would be pretty boring, but I was wrong. Lindsey's guitar work was absolutely amazing, I couldn't believe he was finger picking some of the stuff I saw him do. The rest of the band (especially Mick Fleetwood)'s playing was also amazing, and super tight.
Rumours is great, but you should try listening to their earlier bluesy albums. My favorite Mac album has got to be Bare Trees.
"Man Of The World" is my favourite track with "Albatross" a close second. Peter Green was excellent. Since his breakdown he has never really recovered his old magic.
Fleetwood Mac was one of the first Rock bands I ever got into, seeing them live on a TV broadcast back in 1976 was surreal. The way Lindsey Buckingham played was phenomenal to hear.

My favorite Fleetwood Mac song is this - Though this version is what I prefer the most. What an EPIC guitar solo!
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at May 31, 2011,
Buckingham is such an underrated guitar player. 'Never Going Back Again' is mental. Fantastic songwriter too
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Fleetwood Mac was one of the first Rock bands I ever got into, seeing them live on a TV broadcast back in 1976 was surreal. The way Lindsey Buckingham played was phenomenal to hear.

My favorite Fleetwood Mac song is this - Though this version is what I prefer the most. What an EPIC guitar solo!

Wow, I had forgotten about I'm So Afraid. The second link was such an amazing performance! I'm about to go watch the rest of the videos from that show now.
Was listening to Fleetwood Mac earlier while my iPod was on shuffle. Forgot what song I think You Make Loving You Fun
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
Quote by abcdlmnopxyz
Wow, I had forgotten about I'm So Afraid. The second link was such an amazing performance! I'm about to go watch the rest of the videos from that show now.
Yes it is. It is so passionate and emotional, easily the best version of that song. I'm So Afraid is deserving to be mentioned as one of the greatest songs of all time. I remember watching that televised concert when it took place back in '97 and was thrilled that they did that song. As soon as Mick's drum pattern started, I just smiled and let the music take me away.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Yes it is. It is so passionate and emotional, easily the best version of that song. I'm So Afraid is deserving to be mentioned as one of the greatest songs of all time. I remember watching that televised concert when it took place back in '97 and was thrilled that they did that song. As soon as Mick's drum pattern started, I just smiled and let the music take me away.

I just finished watching the rest of the concert, and I have to say that was one of the most amazing things I've seen/heard. Stevie and Lindsey sing with so much emotion and Mick Fleetwood really gets into it. I also really loved the versions of The Chain, Gold Dust Woman, and Silver Springs. Thanks a bunch for sharing. I need to get my hands on the DVD now...
Last edited by abcdlmnopxyz at Jun 1, 2011,
Quote by abcdlmnopxyz
I just finished watching the rest of the concert, and I have to say that was one of the most amazing things I've seen/heard. Stevie and Lindsey sing with so much emotion and Mick Fleetwood really gets into it. I also really loved the versions of The Chain, Gold Dust Woman, and Silver Springs. Thanks a bunch for sharing. I need to get my hands on the DVD now...
It was a great concert indeed, glad you enjoyed it. Stevie and Lindsey do have great emotional voices and it is hard to not want to get and move when Mick is the drummer. He hits his percussion with such authority it rivals most Metal drummers. You're welcome, glad I could show you.

My only complaint was two of my favorite songs of theirs was not included in that concert. One I cannot forgive is Little Lies from Tango In The Night, because it is one of Christine's best mystical vocal arrangements. They did Big Love from that album, which is a fabulous song but the ending is so horrible, with the pseudo moaning. So why do this but not the second single from the same album? Makes no sense to me.

The other one I can forgive since Lindsey was not in the band at the time but still wanted to hear was my second favorite of theirs, that being As Long As You Follow!

If you never have and want to hear them at their best live though, I'd recommend you to their album simply titled LIVE from 1980. Most of the versions found on that album are the definitive versions, with the exception of I'm So Afraid, which is best on the Dance, but still a great version nonetheless.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by AllJudasPriest
It was a great concert indeed, glad you enjoyed it. Stevie and Lindsey do have great emotional voices and it is hard to not want to get and move when Mick is the drummer. He hits his percussion with such authority it rivals most Metal drummers. You're welcome, glad I could show you.

My only complaint was two of my favorite songs of theirs was not included in that concert. One I cannot forgive is Little Lies from Tango In The Night, because it is one of Christine's best mystical vocal arrangements. They did Big Love from that album, which is a fabulous song but the ending is so horrible, with the pseudo moaning. So why do this but not the second single from the same album? Makes no sense to me.

The other one I can forgive since Lindsey was not in the band at the time but still wanted to hear was my second favorite of theirs, that being As Long As You Follow!

If you never have and want to hear them at their best live though, I'd recommend you to their album simply titled LIVE from 1980. Most of the versions found on that album are the definitive versions, with the exception of I'm So Afraid, which is best on the Dance, but still a great version nonetheless.

I hadn't heard those two before, great songs. I think Christine McVie is really underrated. She was just as talented as Stevie Nicks, and never got as much credit. As Long As You Follow is a really great song. Another McVie song I love is Spare Me A Little Of Your Love from Bare Trees.

I don't know if you like FM's earlier stuff, but you should give the Bare Trees album a listen if you haven't heard it already. The title track, Sunny Side Of Heaven, and Sentimental Lady are amazing songs.
Quote by abcdlmnopxyz
I hadn't heard those two before, great songs. I think Christine McVie is really underrated. She was just as talented as Stevie Nicks, and never got as much credit. As Long As You Follow is a really great song. Another McVie song I love is Spare Me A Little Of Your Love from Bare Trees.
Oh yes, Spare Me A Little Bit was indeed a really great song. Agreed entirely about Christine, she was highly influential to the bands sound. Just like Richard Wright, in Pink Floyd, she was massively part of the bands sound, but got overshadowed by the more pushier chaps in the band.
Quote by abcdlmnopxyz
I don't know if you like FM's earlier stuff, but you should give the Bare Trees album a listen if you haven't heard it already. The title track, Sunny Side Of Heaven, and Sentimental Lady are amazing songs.
I am much more keen to FM's earlier years than their later. I've always loved the Peter Green era(Fleetwood Mac through Then Play On), "Oh Well" is a fabulous song. As much as I like Bare Trees, I prefer the Penguin and Mystery To Me albums from their Transition Era. I still have Mystery To Me on vinyl and I bought the album solely based on the hilarious cover art.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre