For sale or trade: strat copy. Made by baltimore.good for beginers. Made in china. Has never been played. Still in the box. $75.00 Plus shipping and handling. Email me for info at violinmore@aol.com

Also For sale or trade: Older Epiphone model number ft140. Serial number 863817. The interesting thing about this Epi, is its made in Japan. Not China or Korea. 4 layer binding, ( black, white, black, white ) In excelent shape. with a cheap Epi case. If any body knows the age of this let me know. I think is in it's 30s maybe late 20's ( 1970's to 1980's) but this is only a guess. I don't know when Epiphone quit building in Japan. $125.00 Plus shipping and handling. Email me for info at violinmore@aol.com

For sale or trade: 1941 national havana resonator guitar $1200.00 Plus shipping and handling. Email me for info at violinmore@aol.com

I have over 30 guitars and will probably list some more as I clean and decide what I don't need any more. Sorry I don't have any way to post pictures however I would prefer that you actualy look at the items in person.
There should be letters in front of you serial number. If I read the serial number right it is an 86 made in March and number 817 off the line. The letter will tell what factory made it.
I reinspected for the serial number and that was all there is. No other numbers or letters before or after. Thank you for the info. now we can pin down that it is 21 and a half years old.
After doing some research I found this quote about japan made EPI's. So all we know for sure is it was made in either the 1979's or 1980's. I will paste it below.

"The Epiphone serial number decoder currently supports 11 serial number formats from 25 factories. Vintage numbers from 1932 to 1970 are now supported. Serial numbers from 70' and 80's era Epiphone guitars made in Japan are not supported. The reason for this is that there is no reliable documentation from this time period."
Thats why I was hoping to sell it to some one locally so they can stop by and see it.
I should have pictures soon. I found a friend that said they will do it for me.